Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

At a bit of a loose end about March 29th

Poster: A snowHead
So - I got 2 weeks skiing nicely organised for next season - Steepish off-piste do at LDA in January, and the MSB. What to do for the third? My regular skiing buddy is coming along with me in January, but is tied up with a Freshtracks holiday later. The EOSB timing does not really suit this year (though it remains an outside possibility). Freshtracks are going to St Anton 29 March - good - haven't been there for 15 years. But every day is ski instruction (hmm I have enough coping with what easiski tells me to do) and the trip is expensive - bad.

So I may set out solo - which I can cope with, particulalry if I go to a resort with a SCGB rep) - but I wondered if anybody else was going to be out skiing at that time whom I could drop by for a chat /beer in the evening - and maybe ski with for the odd day. Could help me make up my mind where to go. At the moment I am toying with Saas Fee, the Dolomite area, or Val Despair - talk about a variety of options - I really need to concentrate my brain. Even the date is fluid at the moment.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
achilles, Easter Hols, watch out for prices.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
achilles, get in touch with snowhead queen sheba.

She runs a website for solo skiers.. www.pistepals.com it may give you a few ideas and/or meet some people to hit the slopes with when your usual buddies are otherwise engaged snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, good one. I had thought I would be clear - but looking here I see that's not so. Hmm. Could be the EOSB, after all.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mrtoastie, thanks.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
achilles, is that starting from 29th? May be worth looking at Switzerland - our schools are between holidays then. We're likely to be in/around Laax sometime at the weekend I would expect
snow report
 brian
brian
eng_ch, that's good news ! Do school holidays vary by canton ?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brian, it's Switzerland so I would expect so! Wink In fact I'm 99% certain they do. Your community's web site should have the school dates somewhere
snow report
 brian
brian
eng_ch, I expected so too, you made it sound national above. Anyway, "plan de scolarité" turns out to be the search term if anyone's interested and this year, the Valais takes its holidays as:

Lower Valais (French speaking bit): first week in Feb plus 18th - end of March.
Upper Valais (Oberwallis, the Switzerdeutsch types): 3rd week in Feb plus 18th - end of March.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
brian, our Gemeinde (I have a suspicion it differs within Zurich canton too) is 18-29 Feb then 21.4 to 2.5
latest report
 brian
brian
eng_ch, is Gemeinde a commune ? (Today's new thing safely learned Cool ).

btw, sorry for sidetracking your thread achilles.

ps. if you fancied the Anniviers, that'd be a very good week to go, it'll be very quiet.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
achilles, If you go to Val d Anniviers, look up Serg Lambert he lives there and now does his own thing. (I suspect you probably know him from Freshtracks)
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'll be in La Ros that week with the family testing out the off piste Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kitenski, after all the (ahem) discussion here about La Ros - I could be tempted to see what the fuss is about!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
achilles, Don't waste your money wink
latest report
achilles, Follow Frosty the Snowman's, sound advice Very Happy
snow report
achilles wrote:
kitenski, after all the (ahem) discussion here about La Ros - I could be tempted to see what the fuss is about!

That's the reason I'm going there Smile
ski holidays
kitenski, And here is me thinking it was to get some great ski school for the kids Smile
snow conditions
brian wrote:
eng_ch, is Gemeinde a commune ? (Today's new thing safely learned Cool ).

Yes indeed. Can't quite bring myself to use the word "commune" up here - partly becoz we is Schwyzertüütscher and partly coz it sounds like a group of long-haired dope-smoking hippies Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
kitenski, do you know anywhere I could stay? Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
achilles, Tignes Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
achilles, I shall be at LDA that week with my daughter. However you were a bad influence on me this year. wink I'm sure easiski will organise some social occasions amongst whoever is there that week.
snow report
Colin B, a bad influence? Little moi?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy