Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for accommodation for short stay in Alpe d'Huez in Feb 08

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm looking for somewhere to stay in Alpe d'Huez from Sat 23 Feb to Weds 27 Feb.

Just 2 of us, with a car. Would prefer to stay near the DMC lift as have booked lessons and we don't have much skiing experience, but not essential. Would prefer apartment rather than hotel both in terms of space and also cost.

Struggling to find somewhere for just 4 nights rather than a week so any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
RichC
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RichC, you may indeed struggle, as this is bang in the middle of the French February holidays, and you are unlikely to find anything for less than a week at that time. You got the flights booked?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You might want to look at this: http://www.joliefrance.com/ars/

As Helen Beaumont says, you haven't picked the best week.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lizzard, funny you put that link up - I was going to suggest the same thing Laughing Only a short drive each day, or if you are fit enough you take pushbikes and cycle it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen, yes we have already booked flights - it's our first ski holiday for 2 seasons and this time require babysitters as we're leaving baby behind in the UK, so can't change dates!

Lizzard and Ray Zorro - thanks, but it's a bit of a stretch - definitely don't fancy doing the drive every day!!!

Any more suggestions?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RichC, Try www.holidayalps.com as they do by the night accommodation in Le Chamois and it is run by some friends of ours. It's easy for the slopes and for parking Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks, katski. Very Happy

Looks good - have e-mailed them, fingers crossed they have some rooms left....
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RichC, I did something similarly stupid, (ie booked flights for late Feb), last year and couldn't find any accommodation by the night, even after e-mailing every place on the website and phoning some that hadn't got an address. As we were 2 laydees and didn't want to end up on someone's floor we ended up booking Hotel Grandes Rousses. (Click on Hotels and Resorts, France etc - can't link direct rolling eyes ) Lovely pool, great breakfasts (we went B&B), nice room and very central. Button lift at the side of the building to main lifts, or cross the road to get the bucket lift to same. Not cheap though but we would stay there again. Not in late Feb though Madeye-Smiley .
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i stayed there too, in about '97. great location - does a mad/lovely old lady called madame colomb still run it. mad as a fish. Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rogg, mad as a whole shoal of fish if you ask me. Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers, maggi. Will look into that, but possibly a bit pricey. Can't believe we've done this - we were trying to avoid end of March as it's Easter and so went for end of Feb instead. Annoying!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy