Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

d30 technology head protcetion

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Don't know if this has been on here before, but I noticed it in yesterday's Guardian ski supplement. Quicksilver and Ignite have brought out 'soft' skiing helmets for this winter. They look like normal beanies but incorporate d30 gels which harden on impact to provide protection. They claim that "....Although not giving the full protection of a helmet, the Bartik offers a compromise for boarders who do not want to wear a helmet but still want some level of protection." Anyone think they'll catch on or take over form helmets for your average recreational skier? The Quicksilver one looks pretty cool Cool
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm really interested in this as the main reasons I don't wear a helmet are comfort and having to pack and carry the bloody thing. A protective 'hat' that would absorb impacts might not be quite as 'safe' as a helmet, but would seem to me to be a lot better than nothing and far more comfortable and easy to pack.

This Swiss site seems to be the home of the 'Ribcap' suppliers, and these guys are advertising a few models over here. I'd really like to try a hat on for comfort before buying though. Has anyone seen them in a shop yet?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy