Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calling all Zurich Snowheads - temporary or permanent!

Poster: A snowHead
It has come to my attention that there are going to be a few snowHead around in this part of the world over the winter, wondered if anyone felt like meeting up for bevvies and/or some skiing? Who would be interested in the following, for example?

- Sometime before C-word, maybe a beer or 3 and even a bite e.g. at the brewery in Wädenswil. Date TBA by mutual agreement

- 2nd January (the 2nd bank holiday) in Flumserberg (I think Frosty and Mrs Frosty (not of the Snowman variety) will be in residence then)

- 16th February in Laax (Cathy and Mr Cathy should be there then)

Any takers?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oooh yes - we'll be up for a meet on 16th Feb in Laax snowHead snowHead . That'll be our last day there Sad Sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
eng_ch, possible for both Wadibrau and Flumsi
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
nessy, cool, it's about time really, isn't it? Wink Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
we're in, day or night ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty, on 2nd Jan I was thinking of playing in the snow with you guys. I'm sure it would lead to beer o'clock after Wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
we'll be on for it too... name the time and place.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
eng_ch,Powderhound, Flums it is then !?!?!? 2nd Jan, I think we'll be around on the 16th Feb too for a Laax meet up Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cool guys! Some friends of ours will also be over for the Flumserberg jaunt - he's registered on here but not posted.

nessy, Powderhound, any thoughts on dates for a bevvy? We're pretty much chocka the next couple of weeks and I generally can't do Monday evenings (big band rehearsal) and already have an appt for 20th Nov
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Worried that I can't fall out of bed onto the Flums lift - but can fall onto the Laucheren one at Hoch Ybrig... Selfish I know!

Bevvy 2nd Nov pm perhaps?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Likely to be around the Zurich area at Easter...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Powderhound, you can go off some people! We'll just have to come and crash at yours when we can't get into Laax NehNeh 2nd no good for us I'm afraid, still in UK Sad Sometime the following week could work though?

Sharkymark, just let us know where and when
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
After the 2nd then, no problem...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Folks, Flumsi looks difficult for us on the 2nd Jan as one of our dogs has just been diagnosed with lymphoma so this will be his last winter. As a result we think we're going to use the flat in Laax over NY so we can ski *and* keep an eye on him. So would a change of venue to Laax be a showstopper for the rest of you?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
eng_ch, thats sad news, we have some friends over to Flums for NY but I'm sure they will be up for a meet in Laax. How long will it take me to drive/train from Flums to Laax ?
latest report
Frosty, it's half an hour from Bad Ragaz so maybe 40 mins?
latest report
The 16th is our last day in Switzerland and we are 200+ miles from Laax - have a drink for me though.
snow report
Megamum, 200 miles you say, right wheres my map....

eng_ch, Ok, I'll need to check with our friends that this is ok or that we leave them for the day and come over, I'll come back to you but I'm optimisitc we'll be there, especially after seeing your tasty photos posted on the Flims/Laax thread Very Happy
ski holidays
Frosty, OK bear with me for a bit. We lost Caspar this afternoon, so the situation changes yet again and we need to decide whether or not we are actually going to let our place that week but obviously we're in no state to make decisions for a few days. Sorry to be a pain
ski holidays
eng_ch, Sad
latest report
For anyone in the area, Sportis in Richterswil are having an apero tomorrow evening, 22 Nov. 5.00ish onwards I believe (they're open until 8.00). I think we're planning on going
snow report
Anyone up for a bevvy on the evening of Fri 21st Dec? Location TBA but am thinking of the ZH/SZ border area?
snow report
I'm not around until the 22nd. Mrs F will be there from this friday and may be up for something, I'll ask. Where's SZ ?
latest report
Frosty, ZH is canton Zurich, SZ is canton Schwyz.
latest report
duh, of course, I'll be back you later in the day
ski holidays
BTW this weekend is guaranteed bottomless powder with blue sky since I am off to Blighty for the weekend Sad
latest report
nessy, excellent! I'll send you a list of dates so you can make sure you're in the UK for them to ensure us all nice blue-sky powder days Wink

Can you and Mrs N make the 21st?

ETA: you're actually not wrong: Meteoschweiz says "Am Freitag und Samstag Freitag über der Alpennordseite mit Bise oft Hochnebel. In den Bergen vorwiegend sonnig."
latest report
eng_ch, there is a good chance to make the 21st. Although we will have been up early thanks to the ***** Schulsilvester
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nessy, oh God - is that the banging on saucepans thing? We get the bachelor apprentices' one on NY Eve up here - they wander round the village with massive cow bells on yokes round their necks with the goal of getting drinks at every house they stop at. Makes a hell of a racket - nice tradition, but noisy!
snow report
eng_ch, that's the one. The first time I experienced it (before my own kids) I thought a war had started.
ski holidays
OK, the 21st is this Friday so...

Everyone happy with the Brewery in Wädi?
7-7.30 pm OK?

Think we may well eat there too - if anyone else wants to eat, let me know asap and I'll book a table

Re 2nd Jan - I think we'd really prefer Laax if everyone can make it as we will be there already with friends and the dog
ski holidays
eng_ch, we're 100% for Jan 2nd in Laax, if Mrs F can make it friday then it'll be last minute, it looks 50/50 at the moment.
latest report
must add I'm a tad excited Very Happy
latest report
Frosty, Smile I just added a link to this weekend's pics on my snow report thread
snow conditions
Jan 2nd looks dodgy as I probably have to work Sad
Trying to get a babysitter for Friday at the moment.
snow report
nessy wrote:

Work??? On a BH? How very un-Swiss! What do you do?

Quote:
Trying to get a babysitter for Friday at the moment.

OK, fingers crossed
latest report
eng_ch wrote:
nessy wrote:

Work??? On a BH? How very un-Swiss! What do you do?

IT for trading. Unfortunately SWX will be open.
snow conditions
nessy, oh bum Sad Can't they do without making the odd millions for a day?!
snow conditions
eng_ch, It's not so much about making them as not losing them Happy. Me and the missus will be at the Wadibrau @ 8
snow conditions
nessy wrote:
Me and the missus will be at the Wadibrau @ 8

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Will you want to eat?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy