Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can small ladies use/buy childrens' equipment

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After noticing a small lady using the same boots (Salomon Performa T3s) as my son at (dry) ski lessons yesterday, it got me wondering whether or not smaller ladies could buy/use childrens' skis.

Mrs Rikochet (another small lady Smile ) could buy herself a pair of good quality kid's beginners/intermediate skis, size 147cm for about £95 with bindings (DIN 0.75-4.5).

Can anyone see a problem with this? I suppose, weight could be an issue and hence the bindings DIN settings. I am sure her DIN settings are currently set to 4, which is too near the max DIN setting for the bindings above?

The other cheaper alternatives are second hand or sale skis, I suppose.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 15-10-07 16:29; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't know about bindings, but I'm sure SOME junior boots will work. When I was shopping for boots, my bootfitter had me try on a few junior race boots. "Race" maybe to get the required stiffer flex, perhaps?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think you'll find that 'that lot' answer to the term Pixies around here.
And I'm sure we'll hear fron the Pixie Contingent in a minute Wink

Best thing is, if they get themselves organised, three of them can share a seat on the aeroplane.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My experience of kids' shoes (I have small feets) is that they aren't made to last, presumably because children grow out of them before they wear out.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

And I'm sure we'll hear fron the Pixie Contingent in a minute

You rang admin, Laughing
Quote:

Best thing is, if they get themselves organised, three of them can share a seat on the aeroplane.

But who would turn on the overhead light for me rolling eyes Laughing

rikochet, I have size 3-4 feet and untill 2 years ago was a size 8 (not now Embarassed)
I have only ever had (either bought or hired) adult boots but have had various bits of kids/youths ski clothing.
Youths ski pants are fine if you do not have hips or a belly otherwise they can be a bit restrictive in the wrong places rolling eyes
I bought a very nice pair of Schoffel ski pants last year with short legs (not cheap) but I hope to be using then for a good few seasons.
I have skied on <150cms but at 5'ish (the ish is very important) 150/154 is the better length for me, or so I am told.
I cant/wont comment on Din setting as I dont know a lot about them. What height/weight/shoe size is your better half?
This may be somewhere for you to ask the same question http://www.theskidiva.com/forums/
I will see if I can rustle up some of the other little people to add to this for you snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Linds, there are special jackets for people who see "little people" you know Wink Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rikochet, din setting may not be high enough for her, mine are set between 4.5 and 5,(I'm 5ft 1) it would depend on her wieght and ability as much as her height.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ok think I'll have to join the pixies it seems rolling eyes Am 5'2 (just)! size 10 and get away with kids clothes (sometimes) but not on a 'fat' day!
I got adult boots but don't have skis. Our first ski holiday I borrowed friends sons sallies, oh and i got kids gloves!! Little Angel
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
feefee, I had kids gloves, but managed to find some more XS ladies ones this year.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Helen Beaumont, I got large boys! But then I got some lovely mittens in France Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rikochet, You got some great information from Linds.

There really isn't a problem with youth clothing and/or boots as long as they fit good and feel good. As Linds said, kids boots are not built for the longevity that adult boots are an may have a shorter life expectancy.

Where skis and bindings are concerned, you should really look for something in the adult department for that, as youth skis and bindings are completely different , with different performance expectations and din settings.

Hope this helps.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy