Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

transfer from geneva airport to morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Hi does anyone know of a cheap transfer or bus service to get from geneva airport to morzine. I am travelling on my own so i need to keep the cost down. The dates i want are 8/1 - 15/1. Many thanks snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gjspain, try these numbers (Geneva bus station): 0033 (0) 450 79 15 69 or 0041 22 732 02 30. Or email acc-france@wanadoo.fr.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gjspain, I tried these people a few years ago:

http://www.alpinetravel.homestead.com/Transfers.html

I can't remember the price we paid but I did think it wasn't too bad at the time. As its a private transfer it'll cost more than a bus so try David's solution first.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gjspain, I am a twit. Forgot to mention they serve Les Gets mainly, but as its next door to Morzine I'm sure htey'll take you there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you go to the geneva airport site you can download a pdf that shows the bus departure times, and prices. I've just had a look and if there are 3 or more you'll be better off in terms of money and times on bus hiring a car for the whole week. There are discounts for groups of 4+.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
GJ - get a large piece of cardboard with MORZINE scribbled on it and hang around by the car hire desks... I doubt you'd have much trouble blagging a lift on a Saturday (waving a bottle of Duty Free may help!); but check the bus timetable too just in case...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gjspain
We go over a number of times each year. Can suggest a couple of services.

"Apex Chale Assist" based in Morzine/Montriond very helpful together with a Eurobar all drinks 1€. About €40 each way you pay only for the seat. So this depends on how many punters going to Les Gets, Morzine, Avoriaz at the same time as you (not necessary in your group, so speak to him and book early).

"Alp-Line" operates from Les Gets. would be worth speaking to them also, however after giving them about 20 pax last season felt the price was a high when late in the season charged more than others. Will see if they get the contract next year!!

There is also a bus regular service but takes an age compared to a taxi and not much in the difference of the price.

May have some friends going that week so if you want to send me a PM. Maybe you want to share with them.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+33 (0) 450 79 15 69. is the number to contact according to the website www.morzine-avoriaz.com I have always found it a good service from Geneva. I have done it also from Thonon rail station which I recollect is the nearest SNCF.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's been a while, but I seem to remember that Geneva-Morzine is one of the easier transfers to sort at the airport, although it is sometimes cheaper booked in advance. Can't give any more details as it was quite a few years ago.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Geneva Airport website (in English): http://www.gva.ch/en/

Link to pdf document explaing all the bus routes (to all of the major ski resorts), times of departure, cost etc (in English) http://www.gva.ch/fr/transport/Aéroski-Bus%202004-2005.pdf

Good Luck!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks guys, I have rang so many people now regarding the bus, they all say there is one but no one can tell me how to book it. I have been on several web sites but when it comes to booking morzine ,it just isnt there. everywhere but. Unless i am doing somthing wrong. I have contact a couple of web sites with regard to transfers but they are quite expensive.

I have told that it easy to get a bus from the airport its just that i like to get things sorted so i know what im doing. Id rather book somthing than leave it to chance.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just give them a call or email them at GVA to reserve your place (it's important to book 'cos high season they can be very busy), the numbers on the last page of the PDF
Tél.+41 22 798 20 00 / Fax +41 22 788 00 82
E-mail: acc-france@wanadoo.fr
They'll take your payment over the phone or you can pay at the desk when you arrive.
English is spoken and they've always been real friendly to me. ps your time table's on page 10.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Masque, .................maybe he'd be better off i you booked it for him Wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Masque, i have rang them today and they have told me they can not take the booking over the phone. I have to book it on line. They have told me that i will not be able to book it until december. I shall try again then. Many thanks

Dan that would be fantastic, may have better luck than me.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Try www.MorzExpress.com they're only 25 Euros per seat and will take you right to your accommodation!
snow report
snowbunnyskihop, Welcome to snowHeads, nice of you to sign up to answer a question asked nearly 5 years ago.
latest report
Flip Crawford2,

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Flip Crawford2, dlawless, maybe he could apply for a chalet slave job in Switzerland in a couple of years time, providing he isnt on the road at that time wink

This is the same operation as Chamexpress, and TBF acqitted themselves quite well against an unwarrented attack by a newbie poster here to try and tarnish reputations. I think in the end the only reputation ruined was the gobshite that threw the muck!
snow conditions
Yes however I believe snowbunnyskihop is in fact Andrew from chamexpress trying to get a cheap and SPAM related advert as it is his first post.

Andy
snow conditions
anderoo, I do too. In fact I would have preferred if he said that in the beginning. Most of us read between the lines and in fact would be disposed to him after the character assasination attempt on him from a newbie poster!
snow conditions
na.. wasnt me! But a rather overkeen new employee.... I've given him a smack rolling eyes

No need for me to register as someone different. I know better than that! Happy to post as me Happy always.

Thanks for your continued support guys!

Andrew
latest report
Chamexpress wrote:
na.. wasnt me! But a rather overkeen new employee.... I've given him a smack rolling eyes

Andrew
www.chamexpress.com www.morzexpress.com

Laughing
ski holidays
Chamexpress, well done! If only everyone got a smacking wink
ski holidays
Sorry Chamexpress
snow report
We sometimes have single or spare seats on our shared transfers to Morzine and any of the Portes du Soleil for that matter. www.alpine-magic.com or info@alpine-magic.com It's best to hang of for these until nearer the time as the closer you get to your date, the cheaper they are. Smile
ski holidays
Chatelmike, Welcome to snowHead s

And in the mean time what is the cost? I note that the entire price is €170, if I booked an entire taxi I would be pissed off if some additional people were added. If the cost is per seat it is another matter as that is the same format as chamexpress and morzexpress. You should then put a price per seat on the web site!
ski holidays
In my experience transfers are the one thing that's best leaving until the last moment.
snow report
Can anyone reccomend the cheapest now for morzine transfers? Flight won't be arriving till around 9pm on saturday night
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
robertdanmorris, Hi and welcome to Snowheads - the info in this thread is very likely to be out of date ... it started in 2004 ! However good plan to search the forum for info first ! Probably would have been worth starting a new thread in this instance IMHO....

I suggest you put "geneva to morzine transers" into google , of the results there I've used company called ski lifts before with no problems and heard the ski-dy gonzales are ok , there are other companies on there too. The late arrival may be an issue , but always worth emailing to ask if time not listed. If no shared transfers available at that time and you can't / won't fork out for a private transfer , Geneva airport has own train station you can get a train to Moutiers and local bus or taxi from there.

I hope that helps !
ski holidays
there's plenty of companies, including Morzexpress and Alpybus.

all similar price around €28ew

have a look at a few and see who's timings
suit yours best
snow report
Thanks, Couple of years ago I had a nightmare company in Chamonix (name escapes me) who had us rushing and never showed up, wouldn't swap our tickets even tough they cancelled a bus, they were terrible!

trying to avoid something similar!
latest report
robertdanmorris, Welcome to snowHead 's
Pm me the details or send via the contacts on site below.
Can set up transfers for you no problem. €30 per trip.
Paul.
Ps We are Morzine, we do not behave like those Cham types (-:
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy