Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dry skin protection?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know of a decent barrier? type cream that prevents you getting a tramps face while skiing? My face took months to recover after my last trip & I'm not looking forward to looking like a vagrant til June this time!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I find that Elizabeth Arden's 8 hour cream is very useful, but lots of sun cream is my usual approach (I heart being ginger).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kojak, .... Might be best to get a good quality Sun Cream - factor 40 or 50, with a built in moisturiser, rather than trying to put two creams on in the morning ..... and lippy ..... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kojak, Decent sun screen in the day, we use once a day stuff so you don't have to worry about reapplying, and lash on lots of good quality night cream before bed. Wake up with perfect skin to face the new day!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Factor 50 and a hat.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kojak, I think that Piz Buin do a Mountain Cream which has quite high factor spf and more moisturisery stuff in it.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I use a sunscreen with Aloe Vera that you can get from Snow and Rock. Still seem to get a cracking goggle tan every year.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
firebug, ..... Top Tip then to avoid damaged goggles - avoid Aloe Vera or any other Veras ....... Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Piz Buin Muuntain cream, I also use Elizabeth Arden Extreme conditioning cream (apparenlty esp designed for outdoor weather conditions with spf 15) and 8 hour lip balm and cream.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kojak, As well as all the moisturiser & sun protection as advised above, remember to drink loads of water. You can get very dehydrated at altitude & that alone does terrible things to your skin - before you add sun/snow/wind/cold into the equation
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Try a Helly Hansen lifa balaclava. Not a good look compared to exposed face and shades but it works.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BernardC, Does Aloe Vera damage goggles? eep!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Helen Beaumont wrote:
8 hour lip balm and cream.

8 hour lip balm....now that I've never heard of but would love to try....make and model please Helen Beaumont
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
After your apres ski shower use REN's Omega 3 Overnight renewal serum followed by REN Frankincense Repair Cream (both available from SpaceNK). Even my "I'm not using any of that girly stuff" husband is a convert! It's brilliant.

The story goes that one chap actually had it Fed Exed over to Chamonix when he'd realised he'd left it at home! Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy