Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

where is the ideal bed and breakfast in morzine

Poster: A snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What is your criteria?

close to slopes?
good brekkie?
evening bar?
or ??/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for the quick reply,good breakfast would be a bonus.which slope is best to stay by.ive been told theres two,plennty,and the link to avoriaz?when we come down off the slopes ,it would be nice to be close to some quiet bars ,a few beers,then look for a nice place to eat .we perfer b +b,because we can eat somewhere different every night .cost doesnt matter Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
chris boarder, http://www.carlinahotel.com/ is literally right at the bottom of the Pleney lift (to link to Les Gets area). The Petit Train which shuttles to Super Morzine lift (to Avoriaz) stops outside and the bus stop to Prodains lifts (also Avoriaz) is also outside the door. If you did have to walk to S Morzine it's less than 10 mins. There are plenty of bars, shops, restaurants within a few yards walking from the hotel.

The accomodation is fairly basic but they are very friendly and helpful. Very hot boot room makes getting boots an a real pleasure in the morning! They have a restaurant and do prefer you to book H/B but I've always talked them into B&B. Depending how many of you there are there is a top floor "suite" which sleeps 4 which is very nice.

The location is the best point about this place it is absolutely dead centre for skiing and apres. Surprisingly its not reflected in the price (at least last time I booked it wasn't) although places further out are cheaper.

If you want to try somewhere else look here http://www.morzine.com/?langue=en&saison=hiver for all Morzine accommodation.

have fun in Morzine - it's a great village to B&B in with some nice restaurants and bars to suit all tastes - rowdy(ish) apres to quiet drinky poos.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I stayed in
http://www.neige-roc.com which was very good, right under the Avoriaz gondola, nice pool too. A bit of a hike into Morzine for drinks but we really got into getting the cable car up to Avoriaz at night and going out there, lots of fun.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We stayed in the Igloo last year, it's fairly well placed for a stroll to either lift and out to the restaurants in the evening. Our room was a little cramped (Michelle managed to bag the decent sized room!) but it was comfy enough. We've also stayed in the Carlina, but in summer rather than the ski season, and that was nice too...better placed for the lifts than the Igloo if you're fussed about walking at the end of the ski day.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've stayed in the Igloo too, I forgot about that. I thought it was very good value, front of house was a bit - erm - eccentric! ( How was it when you were there homphomp?) but our room was enormous and very nice. Tripadvisor might be a good place to look, too.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thats the trouble with morzine,which is the best side of town to go to ,im only there for three and half days,so do i stay near the avoriaz lifts,and do all them runs that side ,or do i go near the pleney lifts ,like i said before the bars need to be near when we come off the mountain.i dont no about you people out there,but what we do is,get up early in the morning,get to the first lift before any one else ,get up on the mountain ride until eleven,cup of coffee ,get back out on the snow ,stop then about two ,a light dinner,get back out on the snow,and then catch the last lift back up,then head back down ,get to the bottom,and find a nice bar,drink until eight ,go back to the room,get cleaned up,then back out about eight thirty,grab a meal and drinks .find another bar until about one oclock,maybe later ,depends on if its with the boys ,or the wife.head back ,into bed ,and start again.what an holiday,cant wait ,thats why its important to find the right place.thanks for the help.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chris boarder, We used to use the Igloo a lot (2-3 weeks a year). If you pay a little more (really not very much) you can get a "family studio" - a large room with kitchenette in cupboard and a proper dining table - IIRC you can select between 3 or 4 beds. You can have breakfast served in your room too - which can be very civilised.

The Sol y Varnay looks nice but have never managed to get a room.

The Bergerie is very lovely if you can handle the "sheep" theme.

The Samoyede is also very nice and has apartment like rooms. Not sure of the B&B availabilty.

All of these are near bars, easy walking distance from lifts, etc. As ever I can't vouch for availability in Vacances Scolaires.

If zzz is watching he might have comments re the Philibert & the Farmhouse
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
chris boarder, WHen are looking for? We do B&B in our chalet in the quieter weeks.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I went to this place. It was the dogs! Also handy for Avoriaz gondola.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowandtrekwe are there the begining of feb,thats booked,going with wife ,so only 4 star for her .we boo4ked the samoyede ,when i go with the boys ,1 star will do us .

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 17-10-07 21:45; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
chris boarder, your itinerary is near perfection! IMO ot doesn't really matter which side of town you stay as the two sides are well connected by the Petit Train and its really not that far to either lift from the centre.

Pleney is slightly nearer the centre but Avoriaz obviously has more miles of piste to attack.

I'm pretty sure anywhere in the village centre will suit your needs admirably.

I've done a few 3 1/2 dayers there and have tended to do 1/2 day in Pleney/ Les Gets on arrival day, then 3 full days in Avoriaz. However last time, with family there circumstances meant skiing both sides in a day and it was far less hassle than you might think.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ski Tyke, sounds like a great place to ski ,good idea to do pleney on the first half day,then avoriaz on the other three,we done flaine last year twice ,done the same there three and a half days ,that was good ,massiff ski area is big ,ive been told that avoriaz area is better ,we will soon see.Any thing which we should do while we are threre.any suggestions? Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
your full of S55T chrisboarder ive been told y Toofy Grin ouve never been on the snow before is this true?
snow conditions
winwongboarder, ha ha you slanty eyed git.you are a new snowhead ,more like dick head.these sites are for people who are interested in snow related sports .i can imagine the type of skier\boarder you are ,bright yellow jackets,stupid wee wee pot helmets,and more than likely you probably get that pissed ,you dont even go out the next day.people like you should stick to places like tamworth.
latest report
I can imagine the type of boarder you are, someone who thinks a BURTON T6 is something that british layland made in the 70s,
you proberly go down the slope at pontypool park thinking your the dogs nuts with your zinc coated iron board and wellies screwed to the deck.
pussing people out of the way and smashing into the trees.
snow report
winwongboarder, thats where you are wong.mr wingwong.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy