Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone know alot about skis? Please, help required.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
i am a 14 year old boy, about 170cms, and 55kilos.
i recently went skiing with my school over a couple of camps, i really enjoyed it, we did about 5 days XC and 3 down hill. I am probably an intermediate skier, i have got much 'skill' but basically i was just going straight down blue runs.
I am looking to buy a pair of new skis, as over the holidays i a m goign to work and build up money to buy a pair.
two questions;
i will have about....$2000 AUD, will this be enough for a pair of skis, poles, and boots?
and which pair of skis and what size would suit my ability?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jacksperling, Welcome to snowHead

Lets assume that $2000 Aus is around £2000 and that kit is very expensive over here in the UK. I think you could expect to get
all that stuff for that money but what you want/need in terms of brands is more difficult.

Bearing in mind that ski boots can be quite a personalised fit , then I cannot really suggest any one make/brand. A good bootfitter
will have to do that
Skis for a budding intermediate youngster..?? Maybe Fischer RX types. but there will be more appropriate and diverse suggestions soon on here, I am sure
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jacksperling, given that you're 14 and likely to get a lot bigger in terms of both height and weight I'd say you won't get your money's worth out of a pair of skis - you'll use them once and by the following season you'll have outgrown them. I'd buy boots and leave skis until you're up to adult size - spend your dosh on more ski trips instead!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very Happy

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 19-10-07 7:42; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jacksperling, where do you live?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jacksperling, A don't intend for this to sound in anything, but positive - I just wanted to say that I think its an admirable attitude at 14 that you are going to work for what you want rather than badgering your parents for the gear. Well done! Cool
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Haha. Very Happy Laughing
i dont think badgering my parents would get me anywhere, and they pay most of my ski trips.
i live in melbourne. Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy