Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need advice on Austrian resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Found what i hope will be a nice little resort but hoped that some could shed some light on wether it would be a good choice for xmas/new year
The family and i are planing to go for 2 weeks but not just to ski. Walking and mountain biking are on the cards aswell but i really wanted to know if its worth bothering with this area of Austria at all at this time of year. Im sure that there wouldnt be snow at the guest house but i just need to know how far etc i will have to travel. I have asked all this info from the owner but am impatient to find out!
check it out here http://www.hausmariandl.at/
Any info anyone has would be great.
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If it is new xmas/new year time I found Zell am See, Saalbach/Hinterglemm lively. Thet are certainly busy during the festive period rathen than closing down as many Alpine resorts are. Zell am See is next door to Sallabch too, about 20 miles. In Xmas time people in Hinterglemm drink on tables outside in the evening. They do it in Zell am see too but in a much reduced scale.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
surfstar,
I've never been there, looking at the link the nearest skiing area of any size is Lermoos which mappy says is about 35 minutes away and I haven't been there either.
The height of the resort is around 1000m I think it said so I would have thought that snow is more likely than not at xmas but obviously not certain.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think there are a few small areas nearer than Lermoos, but nothing really substantial. Reutte i Tirol is the closest area I've heard of. Supposedly an underrated place, but not terribly large. At least that's what the local I met on a lift in Bichlbach (near Lermoos) told me. Honestly, I think you could do better. I spent last Christmas/New Years in Grainau (near Garmisch-Partenkirchen). While it was a historically bad snow year (it was 18°C on Dec. 31), we still had a good time, and they did an amazing job making snow to add the little bit that there was higher up. There is certainly a lot of 'other stuff' to do in and around Garmisch-Partenkirchen, and there is some really good skiing in the area, both on site and easily reachable with the regional train if you don't want to drive. I don't think most of the people on this board give that area any respect, but it's an area that I actually really enjoy (maybe because of the lack of British crowds?).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy