Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tamworth Snowdome have bought the Peaks leisure centre!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Travelling back from Brum tonight we stopped for a comfort break and I saw a local Tamworth paper, the headline of which grabbed my attention.

Here's the details off the BBC website:

The Peaks Leisure Centre at Tamworth has been taken over by the owners of the neighbouring Snowdome, who said they had signed an 85-year lease. The building is now undergoing a £1m refurbishment programme. Martin Smith, of the Tamworth Snowdome, said they had been negotiating for some time but waited to go public until they were sure the deal was going through. The local swimming club, which will restart at the revamped centre, said it lost £2,000 in revenue over the summer months and membership dropped from 250 to 80. John Randolph, of Tamworth Amateur Swimming Club said: "It's been a disaster, not only for the clubs that used the Peaks facility, but for the schools. There's been no schools swimming since May." A High Court hearing resumes next month to decide whether Sports Village UK, which used to run the leisure centre, is to be wound up as a business.

----------

Sports Village UK bought it off the local council for 1p apparently!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
^ A while back I recall someone saying there were rumours locally that the snowdome people were after the leisure centre bit, however they also suggested this was in order to use the space to extend the existing dome and/or build a second one - either way leading to a longer slope. Sounds as if this part of the rumour was unfounded which is a shame Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The news report says the leisure side is what is undergoing total refurbishment. £1 million is being invested in making the gym almost 3x its current area, making bright, clean changing rooms and rebranding the place "Snowdome Swim & Fitness". Apparently when it all went pear shaped, the staff all went unpaid for weeks, members lost dosh they'd paid out it membership fees, and bailiffs went in due to to non-payment of council tax when it closed last May.

They reckon it will reopen mid-December.

It certainly sounds like there are no plans to make any alterations to the snowslope which is a shame, as it could do with a facelift and some attention to the reason why there are so many drips causing ice patches. Maybe if they make enough profit out of the whole concern? It reckons that the local council's putting up a sub so they can carry on charging the previous council rates for swimming, which has got to be a good thing. Personally I reckon all kids should get swimming lessons FREE as it's something that could save their lives one day.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I did my weeks work experience in the snowdome, I was told that I would be able to shadow an instructor for 1 or 2 days.

I just ended up cleaning floors.

Humpfh.. rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy