Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

With your new skis in hand ~ when will you hit the slopes?

Poster: A snowHead
I know a few of you have new skis, and if you're anything like me, you can hardly wait until it snows, and you can hit the slopes.

For me, it will likely be the last weekend in November. That's just how it usually goes in Michigan, but I wish it were tomorrow!!

A few questions:

When will you get the chance to try out your new gear?

Is there any more "stuff" you need to buy or do to get ready for ski season?

Is your "gang" ready(family and friends)?

Which do you think is more prepared for ski season, your mind or your body?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1)Same for me. Last week in November Val Thorens.

2) Already tried out the new stuff

3) 450 carbon and alu poles

4)My wife is never ready

5) Neither.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When will you get the chance to try out your new gear? PSB 31st October Very Happy (or Milton Keynes next week)

Is there any more "stuff" you need to buy or do to get ready for ski season? Ready to go

Is your "gang" ready(family and friends)? Hope so Shocked

Which do you think is more prepared for ski season, your mind or your body? Mind, without a doubt. I expect to be hurting....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Next weekend in Tignes Toofy Grin
Stockli Stormriders - can't wait, given them a bash at MK, but really need to be let rip.
2008 Spyder order is imminent, so maybe some new kit to go with too.
My ski season is all year as is Kitty's
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

1. Probably not until second week in February (half term here), then hoping for two quick trips as hoping for the EoSB in April too

2. New Skis Very Happy are gagging for it in their ski bag under my bed, Ski poles are ordered, might get a second pair of gloves if TX MAXX have anything suitable when I'm there next, apart from that I'm stoked and ready to go gear wise

3. Need to get a new jacket for my 7 year old and a pair of gloves (probably for the 7 yr old again) for the kids. The kids seem to get through gloves quickly - I think its where they scrape up all the snow to make snowballs!!

4. My mind - my body is currently shot to bits with the flu-y bug I've had for the last week and a half and the last thing I fancy doing is exercise.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I have three new pairs of skis this year and will probably hit the slope the first week in December but I doubt any of my new skis will be used until January unless the predictions of heavy snow this winter in SW Montana are true.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rio, whaddya get?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
comprex wrote:
Rio, whaddya get?

^^^ What he said!!^^^^
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
New skis Very Happy

New boots Very Happy Very Happy

Xmas and New Year in Seefeld Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I hope there will be snow rolling eyes

its my first time on skis in donkeys
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Megamum, is stoked! Awesome. A year ago she didn't know that this word existed. snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well to answer the question, my local resort is planning on the 1st Dec for its first day. But I would always keep the new skis until I have checked the condition of the slopes on my old skis and made sure I am not going to hit any rocks, as happened to me one year 300mm by 8mm right down to the core only 20 minutes old, it rarther spoilt my day Sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
To answer my own questions:

A few questions:

As stated above, The last week of November is the usual opening for our local hill. And you know we'll be there!!

I was able to get new poles, three new pair of skis, and an extremely needed new pair of ski pants. I think the rest of my gear is fine.

We are all set with out season passes, 16 of us in all, and will be eagerly awaiting the first chair on opening day!

Both! I've spent the summer mountain biking and golfing like a crazy woman, and am in fairly good physical condition. As for my mind,...........Most people around me think I'm nuts! It seems that, no matter what I'm doing, I have TR's, Sidecuts, and ski lengths going through my head. I am a freak of nature when it comes to the Ski Gear addiction. I can't hardly wait to get on my new skis!!!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
comprex -

I really got beat up last year when we had some heavy, deep snowfalls so I bought two pair of longer powder skis. The 188cm Salomon Guns which will be my Big Sky powder skis since they are long and relatively stiff...the 188cm model has an extra layer of titanium and is wider making them much different than the others in the line. I also picked up some Bluehouse Districts for a long, fat, softer powder ski for Bridger Bowl which has less wide-open spaces and more chute & tree skiing. While ordering from Bluehouse I also picked up some MR 179s which are going to be toys....a soft twintip for playing in the crud and moguls.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
second week of january

i want another pair of skiboards, the revel8 condors

who cares, i am

i am ready in every way, bring it on
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
As soon as the snow falls, probably November.

I don't need to buy anything but that has never stopped me. Coombas withs Dukes are tempting.

The family is ready, there are no friends on powder days.

Skiing is like sex and golf, as long as your equipment is in working order you don't need to be any good or be prepared to enjoy it.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 16-10-07 7:43; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Ah, Rio, it's the soft fat slot I have yet to fill.

All my new stuff is SL or SX.
latest report
DB wrote:

Skiing is like sex and golf, as long as your equipment is in working order you don't need to be any good or prepared to enjoy it.

That looks like it should be your new signature!
wink
snow report
Rio wrote:
comprex -

I really got beat up last year when we had some heavy, deep snowfalls so I bought two pair of longer powder skis. The 188cm Salomon Guns which will be my Big Sky powder skis since they are long and relatively stiff...the 188cm model has an extra layer of titanium and is wider making them much different than the others in the line. I also picked up some Bluehouse Districts for a long, fat, softer powder ski for Bridger Bowl which has less wide-open spaces and more chute & tree skiing. While ordering from Bluehouse I also picked up some MR 179s which are going to be toys....a soft twintip for playing in the crud and moguls.

I picked up the MR171's for my powder ski, which should be fine for my trips west. Now we need to pray for snow!

What kind of binding are you mounting on your Districts?
I picked up the Rossi Axial2 Ti for mine but haven't mounted yet.
ski holidays
SnowHat -

Anything I use in heavy powder and/or crud I mount with either Rossi Axial/Look Pivot or Rossi Axial2/Look PX bindings. I like the lightness of the old Salomon 912 Tis but have blown out of the heel too many times in heavy crud. Markers have fared even worse (thought I hear their newer off-piste models fare better.) As of now, I'm putting some Axial Pro 140s on the MR 179, Axial2 Pro Tis on the Guns and Axial2 Jibs on the Districts.

The MR 171s should be more than you need for powder out west. Since I live in the Rockies & don't have to spend much money on travel I can 'justify' (to fellow gearwhores) my excess in powder/crud skis this year.
snow conditions
Rio, I was pondering the binding options for a while but stumbled onto a great deal on these with a 100 mm brake and figured they'd give the skis great resale value for me when I make room for my next quiver addition. Wink

After reading the mounting threads here and on Epic, I'm thinking I want to mount these on the Freeride mark. Have you worked that out just yet?

I had hoped to make it to Big Ski this year for ESA but have, instead, planned a few trips to ABasin/Keystone. At 125 lbs, I'm sure the 94 under foot and 171 length will be fine for me.
If they don't work out for me, I'll just sell them and make room for something else. I'm a bit Phickle that way.
I've been called a Gear Ho more than once. But then Barretscv called me Queen of Quivers, or something like that.
snow report
Snowhot -

I'm going to mount my MRs with the BOF (ball of foot) exactly where my Nordica Beasts (92mm under foot) are mounted since the mount has been ideal for a powder/crud/crud-mogul ski. They are just a tad back from normal BOF mounting, but I can't remember exactly how far. As for the Districts which will be a more stictly powder ski I'll probably go back another 1/2 cm or so. I'll let you know what I find when I do the measurements.
ski holidays
Rio, Thanks.
You can get my attention here or on Epic.
ski holidays
My ski poles turned up today - both pairs!! The ones from Ebay I didn't think would get sorted out and the brand new pink ones I'd ordered. Now lets see - one in each hand.......................... Shocked
ski holidays
Megamum wrote:
My ski poles turned up today - both pairs!! The ones from Ebay I didn't think would get sorted out and the brand new pink ones I'd ordered. Now lets see - one in each hand.......................... Shocked

Megamum's necessary gear acquisition..........two more hands! Shocked

Don't feel bad, I bought some new carbon fiber poles just before I found a better deal on a pair of leki trigger grip poles. So I have an extra pair, too!
ski holidays
If you've ever had to ski with heavy, bent rental poles due to a pole breaking or your poles being stolen you'll quickly learn two pair of poles is a necessity.
latest report
What new gear? I've excersised restraint this year Little Angel OK, there's a new jacket and tranciever, but they hardly count.

I'm bound to spot something - must not look at Mantra's any more, repeat I must not look at.........just a moment, that is a Mantra - doh!

No, 'cos they haven't made me tune their gear in return for booze - yet.

Both equally lacking Embarassed
snow report

No Nothing, but I 've just bought a new Petzl head torch at 20% of the weight of my original and the batteries last 20 times as long, also a new base edge angle file guide ordered off ebay, sad eh! Sad
snow conditions
Rio, The worst is having a couple of good sets of poles and leaving all of them at home, thus having to use rentals. Well, I guess that's not the WORST that could happen. But it makes you appreciate good poles.

Mosha Marc, You seem to need a new Mantra, your current Mantra isn't working.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy