Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Midi recce

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This weekend the Aiguille du Midi shut (to repair the suspension cable that they dropped back at the begining of the summer but kept quiet about) until the 17th of Dec so I headed up with Martina to get some turns in and check out the condition of the crevasses.

If you know the second pitch of the Grands Envers (sometimes called the Cold du Plan) then you will recognise this mother of a slot.

Nice pic looking over towards the Helbronner and the Dent du Geant.

There are a few more pics here

Laters

Phil
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
welcome to snowheads, Phil snowHead Had a look at some of your photos and they are inspirational.

thinking of chamonix trip ( not yet decided ) at the end of january 2005 for one week. Any ideas of whats it is like at that time generally and specifically the valle blanche which I would like to ski whilst there.

From what I see the resort is not very well linked with argentiere and requires a lot of travel by car or bus. This is slightly putting me off the whole idea as a lot of bussing around is necessary. Any ideas.? Also I am thinking of linking up with a rep from the Ski Club of GB who is based in Argentiere but again this may not be practical if I am based in Chamonix.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Phil and welcome to snowHeads.

You have an excellent website. It has already been higlighted and discussed here.

Keep those photos coming.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the welcome and the comments on my site. Smile

hibernia - you are right about the resort not being well linked. i would never reccomend to friends that they have a holiday in Cham, its fine if you live here, have a car and know where to go on what days, it can be frustrating if you are on holiday dont know the area well and dont have a car. That said the end of Jan is about as quiet as it gets here which makes it a bit more acceptable.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some great pictures there. Always good to see Dente Gigante from the other side. Wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Great pics. You have a great site, Phil. I Googled across it a few weeks back looking for a picture of the Poubelle Couloir, see thread. The line you skied next to the Poubelle looks a wee bit exposed !

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 26-10-04 14:46; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great pictures Phil great site too
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy