Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

electric ski boot dryer

Poster: A snowHead
We've finally got our appartment - yippeeeeee
Where can I get electric ski boot dryers?
What are the best type? - has anyone bought some and got a recommendation? How much do they cost?
Really fancy not getting in to damp boots in the morning.
Tried google - but not very successful

Thanks as always
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jayne durham, Congratulations! snowHead

we have the dangle-in-the-boots type rather than the hot-air blower type, cheap and cheerful and work well, and widely available.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jayne durham, I use something like this boot dryer. Very effective at drying boots at the end of the day (gloves too) and will warm them slightly in the morning if you like that. The heat is gentle enough not to worry about distorting footbeds or thermal-molded liners, but good for drying out liners (and shells if you remove the liners). Therm-ic also do something similar for about the same price.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I use a similar version to rob@rar. Work pretty well, except doesn't remove all moisture from between inner boot and shell so its worth pulling the inners out every now and then...
You'll pick them up at a reasonable price in most ski shops out here, possibly Decathlon as well (if you're in France).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd like to know what the bootfitters think. I've had people tell me that one should never apply direct heat... Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hurtle wrote:
I'd like to know what the bootfitters think. I've had people tell me that one should never apply direct heat... Puzzled Puzzled

I've asked that question to a couple of bootfitters and they said that the gentle heat that comes from those small blowdriers is OK, but the big commercial heating racks could be a bit much for footbeds.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, Oh. Ta.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We use the Thermic warm air dryers. Efficient and it even helps stop my sons Embarassed boots smelling. We got ours from Bartletts Uxbridge
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ellis brigham have the thermics at £35 which seems to be the cheapest around EllisBrigham
Initially thought they were a gimmic, but eventually got some last year and was v impressed (and I'm a sweaty b*st*rd Eh oh! )
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jayne durham, I too have the Thermic ones like gsb and geoffers. Best buy ever! When they no longer work I would buy another set even at twice the price. (Slightly) warm, dry boots, no pong ever if you use them every skiing day. If your boots are not new though, the first time you use them all the past smells will come out. Phew...... rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have this boot dryer, which has a very gentle warmth to it and no noisy fan. Toasty dry feet are a good thing.
http://www.lg-outdoors.com/proddetail.asp?prod=3940
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jayne durham, we have a very cheap air blower, bought in Castorama or similar. It has 4 tubes, so can do two pairs. Only ambient air, but therefore costs virtually nothing to run, and it seems to do the job fine. It's also good for wet walking boots in the summer.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks everyone for all your help.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jayne durham, what did you end up getting in the end to dry your boots? We have a bought a small apartment and up till now the two of us have got by reasonably well using the little Hotronics snap dry blower. But now we are looking at having a couple of friends to stay and I was looking for something else. Our cave has electricity and enough room for one of the more fancy boot driers. Anything Technical's shop offers the Wintersteiger 5 boot dryer which looks nice but costs £775+50 shipping to france. Would be interested in your experience. Thanks
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi pam w, you often seem to have good advice for other snowheads! Would you have a look at my question to Jayne above? Since I typed it in I noticed that their is an even fancier wintersteiger model with an ionising lamp. But the price is £1050 plus shipping!!! I love dry boots and had the boot heaters fitted to a new pair 3 years ago. That makes a huge difference to enjoying my skiing.

I quite like the idea of just taking the boots off in the ski room and leaving them in the cave to dry rather than dragging them up a few flights of stairs and having them taking up space in the apartment. It's just a big hit on the wallet. And have you ever heard of any safety problems like a fire resulting from this kind of kit?

I looked for Castorama and found the nearest one to us is at Chambery which is a long way from 3Vs. Do Decathlon sell something like your blower?
snow conditions
andy1234, I wonder if you've noticed this thread has been dead for SEVEN years . . . Puzzled

Fortunately both jayne durham and pam w are still with us.
But the devices themselves may well have moved on.

I use one of the Thermic devices.
Works well for me.
snow conditions
Jonpim, I did realise it was 7 years ago, let's hope it doesn't take that long to get another reply!!

Like I said, I don't really want 4 pairs of boots kicking around in a small apartment. When there is only the two of us there the second bedroom tends to look a bit like a boot room / kit room and the Hotronics dryer similar to your Thermic dryer is okay. Thanks anyway.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy