Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Atomic Boot Camp 3rd Nov - 6th Nov

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Me, Fiancee, Sister and Mate are off to Tignes for some fun, is anyone else frequenting the Bootcamp during these dates 3rd Nov - 6th Nov?

www.atomicbootcamp.co.uk
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hi plectrum were going out on the 8th ,have a blast and let me know what conditions are, never done tignes before snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
goddam come on snowheads some of you must be around then!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
plectrum, Looks like everyone is going out in January!!!

You really should delay your trip Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
30-odd of us will be over in Les Deux Alpes at that time, if we wave from the top of the glacier will you wave back?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
plectrum, there's a load of us off tomorrow Little Angel
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FenlandSkier, u moony me ...i'll moony u

Michelle, have fun

george_1, yes thanks for that helpful suggestion! Wink i'm feeling st anton again or davos/klosters in Jan - had so much fun last year!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
plectrum, from more than a few metres it's difficult to tell if it's his arse or is face Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's a long time since I've been to Tignes so can't remember much about the glacier. Am thinking of heading out late November with a friend who is a complete beginner but very very keen to start learning to ski. Neither of us have anything better to do that weekend! I'd expect him to get the hang of things fairly quickly. Is there anywhere up there suitable for learning on?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
motatapu, you can take lessons for Ski Focus - At this time of the year it is £105 per group I think for 3 hours. So for you and mate it would be about £53 each. Pretty good way to learn, I think Stewart Woodward is an instructor with this company so he may pop up in this thread to answer you more definatively.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
motatapu,

The begineers lifts, at the top of the glacier, should be open by November.

I am going to Tignes tody so i will give you an update later in the week.

Lots of snowHead there this week so i think lots of info will be appearing here very soon Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks Stewart, I think I'm going to go ahead and book, and will look forward to hearing from you....

Mike
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So, what's happening?
Any news from snowheads who are out there?
Get out of the bar and get posting guys!
(The glacier looks ok, but not much else . . . . see the panoramic view)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Get out of the bar and get posting guys

Not even texting Sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've heard that it may take a while to recover for some snowHead
latest report
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm heading of to Tignes 6-9th November cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aaaaaaah - sadly im on my own - I just couldnt pass up on the oppertunity to ski for £99!!!!! All my skiing freinds are now poor uni students!!! Anyone else out there at the same time??
snow conditions
noseymcnose, Welcome to snowHead
ski holidays
noseymcnose, I'll be there 5th - 8th, so we'll have some overlap.

plectrum, I think we'll be ships passing in the night so to speak, probably the only time we'll meet is at the airport or something!
snow report
veeeight,

I'm skiing on the 6th, so will see you bright and early on Tuesday morning. What is your real name! I'm Richard and will be wearing a bad lieutenant Giro helmet.... even at breakfast!
snow conditions
plectrum, Victor, Victor Kiam wink

PM sent!
snow report
Hi veeeight or Victor, for getting back - yeah sounds like there will be!! I cant wait - I heard that theres only the one black slope - is that right??, also do u know if any other slopes in Tignes will be open???

Thanks again - oh my names Hamza by the way
snow report
noseymcnose, the black slope (the Leisse) is not open now, and won't be open until there has been a significant snowfall. Only the pistes on the glacier are open, as that is the only part of the ski area with snow at the moment. Conditions are very icy on most slopes, except for Rosolin which is in very nice condition. It's very busy here at the moment with lots of race clubs training, but hopefully it will be a bit quieter when you come out.
snow conditions
Is Descent not open (black from top of cable-car)?
snow report
veeeight, My name is Sose .... Keiser Sose
ski holidays

i'll keep my eye out for you Victor, one question ... if you like the glacier will you buy it?
latest report
Kenzie wrote:
Is Descent not open (black from top of cable-car)?

Is that the SuperG course? Didn't think it was a black. Yes it's open, I've been slalom training on one side of it. It's very icy at the moment.
latest report
might be thinking of a few days out there before Xmas..!!
snow report
Came back from boot camp last night. Had great time. Snow conditions are a bit mixed as previously mentioned. some hard icy bits on the steeper slopes but the lower slopes off the Rossolin drag are in fantastic condition.
Transfers to and from the airport and to and from the funicular work like clockwork, the food is great ( better than lots of chalets I have been to) the accommodation is fine with very comfy beds and the staff are really friendly, helpful and, most important, know what they are doing.
There is plenty of kit to chose from. I tried the metron 10's, the nomads and some elan speedwaves.
This must be the best value £99 ski trip going. All those still to go can look forward to a really good time.
Do have some pics to show snow extent and conditions on the mountain but will need sons help to post them as I am no good with computers!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As long as they have the Atomic World Cup GS ski's i'll be a happy bunny! No offence to Atomic but what exactly is the point of testing Metrons on sheet ice?
snow report
plectrum wrote:
As long as they have the Atomic World Cup GS ski's i'll be a happy bunny! No offence to Atomic but what exactly is the point of testing Metrons on sheet ice?

That's a good point. I've sharpened my skis four times this week - there's a lot of ice around which is as hard as boilerplate.
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:

there's a lot of ice around which is as hard as boilerplate.

My left thigh could tell you a lot about that! Skullie
snow conditions
Couldnt see any GS or SL race skis when I was there.
snow conditions
Atomic don't have any Race skis on test. Sad
ski holidays
What were the new Atomic boots like?
snow report
pam w, Incogskisnow's SO tried some Hawx Boots, He really liked them and was very close to parting with some money there and then. With any Boot though it's what fits, although the concept is really interesting. I didn't try them to ski in, because they were like a Bucket on my feet.
ski holidays
hi all out to abc on the 8th so see you all there snowHead
ski holidays
hi i'll be in tignes from the 14th and was wondering if they have built a park yet i read somewhere that they usually have a few kickers on the glacier anyone know if this is true??? we have got to stay in geneva on the 17th for a night because we couldnt get flights till the 18th, has anyone got any advice on where to stay ie cheap hotel/hostel. we were thinking about dumping all are kit at the lockers at the airport then finding a club untill early hours of the morning then going back to the airport for a few hours kip Very Happy
snow report
steverix1985, welcome to snowHeads. Yes there is a snowpark on the glacier at the moment. It's just above the 3500 piste and is served by a small tow rope.
snow report
some up to date photos?

http://www.r-montagne.fr/album/index.php
snow report
The glacier park is built and open, few jumps and kickers.

http://www.yh-geneva.ch/en.htm is the Youth Hostel of Geneva, well located for the train station.

Conditions are fine, quite fast but the slopes are not very steep so it is all fairly safe. Some ice is aparent but in general there is plenty of ice powder to grip on. Conditions also do not become very slushy which is nice. Temperatures are medium but sun is hot so light jumper but still need for good suncream.

For visitors to Les Melezes on 'Atomic Boot Camp', the hotel is pleasant with nice rooms. Food is plentiful and so far (yet to have first main dinner meal) everything has been tasty. Only a few people here so space especially in the hot tub is not yet at a premium which, is nice!

Equipment wise, no race ski's but it is nice to test the Nomad's and Metron's anyhow - there also seems to be a few twin tips and one from the 'Daddy' range too but I have not enquired as to whether they are available. Boot wise there is a pretty good selection but it is also centred around the 'Hawx'. I have poop flat feet and my insoles didn't fit properly in the boot. Luckily the boot comes with a good Sidas insole and this allowed even my feet good comfort. Not sure yet if I am utilizing the technology to its fullest but for the first day on snow for the season the transition between mind to feet/skis seemed pretty good!

Weather is clear ski's with perfect starry nights, this is set to continue until the end of the week (9th Nov) when snow down to 700 metres is predicted.

..... I love the mountains!

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 4-11-07 19:15; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy