Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Moving to Canada for the season - is it scary?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, Im moving to Canada in a month to do the season hopefully fingers and toes crossed in Whistler. I have an interview with Whistler wheni arrive but of course have no certinity that I will land the job which also means that if i dont get a job with them it puts me out of the running for a bed.
has anyone been to Whistler or teh surronding areas and lived around ther? what type of work in availible and accomodation? there are two of us going. Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You'll be lucky to get accomodation if it doesn't come with the job - every year reasonable jobs outstrip affordable accomodation by a considerable margin. Focus on getting a place to live though if you are not on the ground you'll have hundreds of Aussies with the advantage over you already.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
(cough) Fernie (cough) Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
whats so great about Frenie? your the second person to point me in that direction...........
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
oh opps its your tim. it didnt come up with your name just before. Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Canada is only scary if you're afraid of the dark.

If you have a visa that allows you to work anywhere in Canada then I think you'd be better placed to try one of the other BC resorts / ski hills to experience the real Canada.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You sound like youknow a bit about it all. where would you suggest Mike?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I';d suggest Fernie too. Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wicked beans, guess i might have to stop in at frenie then................... snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
libs -

A huge amount of the lifties, instructors, dish washers, etc. at BC resorts are Aussies. They will be your coworkers, ski mates and drinking partners. Only the last is scary.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Rio.. i think i missed out one point. im kiwi living in London and my mate well hes Aussie, to say the least i have been pretty much breathing aussie since i arrived to years ago..... NehNeh ...... but then again it would be a good oppotuinty for me to break away from those aussies right................. Bring on Canada!!! Shock How far out of Vancouver is Fernie? Puzzled your changing my mind very easiely.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fernie is 660 miles/1060 kilometers away. There are a lot of mountains between them that get heavy snowfalls so the estimated 10 to 11 drive can be much longer in the middle of winter. If you're looking for out-of-the way look at Rossland, BC. Its 380 miles/610 kilometers way. Its one of those "can't get there from here" locations so it hasn't been as overran as other BC resort cities. Red Mountain isn't huge but its got great terrain that you'll never tire of.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Libs, greyhound coach runs from vancouver to fernie and takes about 16 hours! This is what I'm gonna do I think (unless I can get a cheapo flight) and just while the hours away looking at the scenery.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
libs, you may find a somewhat less doom and gloom approach to Whistler on the natives.co.uk forum, where there is plenty of advice on doing a season in Canada, wherever you might like to go, including Whistler.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've never been to Whistler, and this to me speaks volumes.

I'm pretty well travelled ski wise and don't like the bigger resorts with crowds and lots of people where you're anonymous and don't get a feel for the real persona of the area.

There's no doubting that Whistler is world class. And to be world class it has elements that don't appeal to me.

If you like quieter places where there isn't such a 'ghetto' mentality then I would take a look at:

Kicking Horse
Red Mountain
Whitewater
Apex
Fernie
Panorama
latest report
Live in Vancouver if your going for a whole year...
Mt Baker one way
whistler etc the other way
Skiing after work on the local vancouver mountains
better money to be earnt
way cheaper accomodation
better restaurants
Biking on the northshore
swimming in the sea
Culture........

the list goes on.

Or move to Golden, as Mike Said wink
latest report
Vancouver, if Carlsberg made cities...
snow report
well said skisimon
snow conditions
libs, where are you headed?

I have room in whistler if you need
snow conditions
paulhothersall, you have PM!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy