Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BLADES PROS / CONS

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
spyderjon,
Actualy that's a good idea as Castleford's not that far and I fancied a go at a snowdome anyway.
I actualy learned to ski at Rossendale but found the mat there difficult to get a good turn on and it hurts like hell when you fall (even managed a carpet burn on my face once) so the snowdome seems the way.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a pair of blades and think they're great fun, but only when used in moderation. I will sometimes strap them on if I'm having a bad days on skis and nothing seems to be going right - the blades sort of act as a 'reset button', focusing my mind on balance and edges when otherwise my skiing had been in disarray. And the blades certainly don't turn my into an inconsiderate f'wit as Masque so delightfully put it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alright already! I have appologised and I have not acused anyone here of anything, but there are others here who agree with me both about blades and SOME of the people who use them to abuse other show users - usually on the blues and greens where it's crowded and full of potential colisions. So to anyone here who's offended, mea culpa, sorry. To the vandals that ride the things - go bite a rock.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If we're talking about irresponsible snowsports enthusiasts, perhaps they should attach a lower age limit to those that can use snowblades, like 25 or something?

However, that's not realistically going to happen so in the meantime they should invent rear-view mirrors for snowsports people. Very Happy

I find most of the mad out-of-control people to be avoided on the piste are teenagers (especially boys). It's a stereotype I know, but a well earned sterotype. Perhaps they should be confined to the snow parks (which should all have ski lifts of their own!)?! snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Masque, I would just like to say that I greatly enjoyed your rants, not necessarily because I agree, rather for the poetry of your expression.
People should lighten up. Nobody comes here to flame others so, if in doubt, assume humour. Madeye-Smiley
martin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Boardski, No, not in france. The ski patrollers don't have any legal powers at all! The ski-ing policemen do, but they're like buses .............
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Masque, I was thinking about your snowshoe ambition, well and good in its way, but can you get climbing wires/posts for snowshoes or is that Achilles tendon just going to scream for joy throughout? Edit: I don't really think a boot toe pivot through the base is going to help Masque, esp. when crossing hardpack. Never mind downhilling when the crampon points bite . . ..

Now consider, if you will, a nice pair of Randonee Blades. MUCH more fun on traverses and downhills, hee, and come with climbing wires and option to shift binding position. Small enough to turn within a trekking trail width and much easier to kick turn.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 27-10-04 18:11; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PG says he's never seen an accident with blades. Well this was dead funnay and not serious at all.
Flat bit of path, alpine snowboarder going very well and still going - blade coming up behind, skating like mad and not looking where he was going - wallop he skated his tender bits straight into the snowboarders back leg - collapsed moaning on the path to great hilarity all round. The snowboarder wasn't at all phased, just looked down his nose at the unfortunate guy and carried on. Twisted Evil
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy