Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Information on Westendorf please...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are a group of about 10 Skiers - beginners and Intermediate (late 20s/early 30s).
Looking for good skiing but would also like to partake in the Après ski that Austria is renowned for...!
Does anyhow have information on this resort please?
Thanks for any info.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Westendorf is an excellent choice for beginners and intermediates. It is years since I was there though.

Evening meals are easier to handle if you are on half board - which we were not. Otherwise you need to be organised. Lots of eating places are in hotels anyway.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We've been to Westendorf a number of time - see report here.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't want to pour cold water but out of the 8 satellite skiing resorts of Ski Welt (biggest in Austria) , Westendorf is the only one "not linked".

If one stay in any of Brixen Thale, Hopfgarten, Itter, Soll, Scheffau, Ellamu or Going one can access the entire Ski Welt. Westendorf is a small resort comaprable in size to just one of these satellite resorts.

There is nothing wrong with Westendorf but equally there is also nothing wrong with Brixen Thale, Soll or Ellmau which are a lot busier in the evening because they are along the main traffic route.

If I am tired of Ski Welt I would go to the neigbour of Westendorf which is is Kitzbuhuel! From Westendorf it is less 10 miles and you will hit Kirchberg, one of the major chairlift station of of Kitzbuhuel.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
marycreedon, If it's the apres you want to sample then Westendorf is not the best base. Nor is Hopfgarten. The ski-welt is a fantastic ski area, but if you want to enjoy the Austrian Apres - Soll, Ellmau or Scheffau are your best bets.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all for your feedback, much appreciated.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy