Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bulgaria - Opinions Please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just want some info on the above, is it worth a visit, I'm sure its good value for money but what about the now variety of pistes etc....?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Glengooly-Guy, If the snow is good (unlikely) then you'll be looking for new pistes after a couple of days,depending on your ability. Larger resorts would be beneficial. NehNeh
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Glengooly-Guy, I have been to each of the main three resorts over the last three years and apart from last year when the snow was pretty grim everywhere we have had great snow. Totally agree with Whitewizard though. If you only like to ski a piste once you could be skied out in a couple of days. That said we are returning to bansko this year
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
whitewizard wrote:
Glengooly-Guy, If the snow is good (unlikely)

I think this one falls into the generalisation category NehNeh
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Glengooly-Guy, If the snow is good (unlikely)

The historic data for say Bansko suggests otherwise. I appreciate that last year was pretty rubbish, and that history is not always a clear sign of the future. 50 to 100cm on both lower and upper slopes in Feb/Mar seems okay to me. That said, the skiing area seems limited, however Mogs is going back this season suggesting it couldn't have been that bad. Also I'm guessing you expect there to be some compromises going to a "newer" but cheaper resort option.

All my humble opinion (which in this forum isn't worth a great deal!)

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 21-09-08 21:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
whitewizard, I have to say I totally disagree with your assumption of poor snow and lack of variety. Some of the best ski conditions I have ever skied outside Canada have been in Bansko.. if I wasn`t on my works computer I would post some pictures. Bluebird days and deep powder.

Yep.. it is not a huge resort piste wise but it is quite easy to find hidden gems in the trees. I think sweeping generalisations are best left to politicians and not debates around ski resorts Evil or Very Mad Last year the snow throughout Europe was pants so I don`t think you can use it as a justification for your comments.

Bansko has more charm than the majority of places I have skied in Europe. The lift infrastructure is modern, the locals are friendly, the town is lovely with history going back hundreds of years.. unlike many of the purpose built concrete jungles of the alps.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy