Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good websites to book ski holidays

Poster: A snowHead
Hey,
I'm trying to book a holiday to Val D'isere at the moment starting about 3rd April 2004. It's for 2 people and we want to do it as cheaply as possible. Does anybody know of any websites which do cheap (preferably package) deals.
Thanks for replies in advance
Chris Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It might be worth trying iglu.com. It's probably easier using people like them (online/telephone travel agents) than just trying all the package websites, since they can take the tedium out of trying each one in turn.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try www.skiworld.ltd.co.uk Worth a shot. But as I'm sure your aware thats half-term week, so it could be a little tricky to get anywhere really cheap.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you go for Iglu, get a quote elsewhere first because they'll always try to beat it. Saved myself £50pp this year that way.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What do the Iglu packages include? Do they incluse transfers to and from the resorts?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
www.ski-holidays.com
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Iglu is an agent, so will find you a holiday - but could be with any package operator. They did us a great deal on a Ski Total holiday this year...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
See the "Late Deals" post on The Piste (it's dropped down to page 2)...there's loads of useful websites listed on there.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris, we've got some availability that week. See www.tracksvacations.com for details or email me on info@trackvacations.com.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Skiers Travel has always worked pretty well for me - although it tends to be better to call them, to be honest. http://www.skiers-travel.com ; 0870 010 0032; also an agent
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Couldn't recommend Iglu highly enough. Ours was a first choice package but they sorted everything with no hassel. Even when the numbers and names in the party changed about a dozen times.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
For self catered accommodatin try www.skinetuk.com HUGE selection of properties
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Last time I went to Val d'Isere, I booked straight through the val tourist office, and got lift pass and 6 days half board in a nice hotel on the main street for 240 euros per person. That was about 3 years ago and the week before Christmas, but they often seem to have some good late deals. Definitely worth a quick email.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris_5000 wrote:
Hey,
I'm trying to book a holiday to Val D'isere at the moment starting about 3rd April 2004. It's for 2 people and we want to do it as cheaply as possible. Does anybody know of any websites which do cheap (preferably package) deals.
Thanks for replies in advance
Chris Very Happy

Don't waste your time with online holiday websites in the UK. They are almost all rubbish. Very user-unfriendly.

Out of 20+ I tried recently, no more than 2 or 3 were even half-decent.

Panoramaski, Thomson and perhaps Crystal were the only ones worth even a passing mention.

Much better to book offline.

Page 226 of ITV Teletext is still by far the best way to grab a late booking.

But be prepared to speak with some clueless phonemonkeys along the way.

Good luck.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another vote for Iglu have used them a couple of times great service
latest report
Whitegold, "clueless phonemonkey" Very Happy

I will use that phrase next time I'm dealing with the so-called customer support line for BT Business. E.g. "I know you're a clueless phonemonkey but are you seriously trying to tell me that my ADSL bandwidth has dropped due to snow on the line?"

p.s. Yes, this was an excuse I was given last Friday
snow report
Whitegold wrote:

Don't waste your time with online holiday websites in the UK. They are almost all rubbish. Very user-unfriendly.

Much better to book offline.

Page 226 of ITV Teletext is still by far the best way to grab a late booking.

Exactly how old _are_ you whitegold??! Best in what way? How can site like iglu, last minute etc be more 'user unfriendly' than teletext! Which comes complete with the 30second wait for the next screen and totally inability to bookmark or go backwards. If you really really must be so old school even teletext itself is online, complete with it's bizarre black+4 graphics and all those features you obviously know and love.

Another vote from the sane for iglu. Admitedly teletext can come up cheap but not enough to compensate for the hassle imo - iglu gets some very good deals from the main operators.

aj xx
ski holidays
Think Whitegold, was being ironic, surely no-one sits in front of the tv for hours when it's available here
http://ww0.teletextholidays.co.uk/
snow report
Whitegold, are paragraphs for losers?
latest report
anyone know any that do skiing trips at the other side of world in July/August based in UK? i.e. New Zealand, Chille ?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy