Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is there to know about Alpe ´d' Huez ?

Poster: A snowHead
Eyy, everybody!

I'm going to Alpe ´d' Huez for the first time and I'm excited like hell!

-Is there ANYTHING I should know about the resort?
-The good slopes? - Any "secret" places?
-Where to eat (cheap - but good!)
-After skiing/night life (I'm 19)
-ANYTHING else?

What are your general thoughts about the place?

Simon k. Wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hayee...could be that we are their together................i am not 19 though Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
decent place, good skiing and some decent bars. Nice range of different types of skiing..but not the prittiest of resorts.

but have a look/search for posts on adh first - this was covered in some detail a couple of weeks ago..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm going in early week of January... you wouldn't happen to be planning on going on the same ski trip as me Shock

There's another topic on Alpe D'Huez on the page of topics which should help a bit.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Smithies is the best bar to head to. Good all round resort which is large and underrated in my opinion. I much prefer it to neighbouring Les Deux Alpes (which you can take a trip across to via helicopter if your curious). Nightlife decent but not raging apres like the big name resorts.

You will enjoy it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would say Alpe ´d' Huez is big but have more difficult slopes than others. To start with its Sarrenne is the longest black in the Alps. The tunnel run at the top after the tunnel is known to be scary (not done myself yet). There are some seriously long runs too if you try to ski from one of the high points to the bottom of Villette Montfrais cable car. I think it is one of those resorts that has everything. The resort doesn't get mentioned much. I guess it may be snowheads have less properties/interest here and more in the Les Deux Alpes.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Head across to the forests in Vaujany, do the scare chair, and have loads of fun in the beginners jump park. Oh - past the park there are a few little drops by the sides of the pistes you can play round on.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the feedback so far! You're helping me a lot !

Btw, I'm going with 9 other friends around the same age as me, 19 - and we're staying in the "Bergers"-area.. What is there to say about that part of town?

.SimonK Wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Crapfish, I think that's about the same place as we were - but we always ended up p1ssed and wandering around the town. Hint - head up and right a little for a great toasted pannini which makes a quick breakfast Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scarpa, haha, yea ! Getting drunk as skunks is a big part of a skiing trip for 10 young gents Wink

..But is is a nice area? Close or far from everything?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Crapfish,

Les Bergers is super easy for access to the slopes but not the best for going out. You'll want to head into the main part of town for that proabably (about a 10 min walk). Check out the Underground, Smithies, Sharkeys and then the Igloo if you want to drink til 4am. My advice would be buy more drinks before you get the Igloo than when you are in there- it is expensive! Underground is good for after ski and slammers - they have live music in there normally at least 3 days/nights a week. Sharkeys has a pool table and Guiness and Smithies is good if you like dancing on tables. Oh and the skiings great too.... wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I feel old. Thats more pubs in a single posting than I get to in a year. Blush I'm off to find an OAP thread.

Skibb

ps Crapfish, enjoy the ski & apres!Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Crapfish wrote:

-Is there ANYTHING I should know about the resort?

Simon k. Wink

Useless piece of information Toofy Grin : I seem to remember from when I was there that the piste map showed the location of a disused coal mine! - must be one of the highest altitude coal mines around Puzzled - unless anyone knows differently (I think it was near to the Sarenne run).
Talking of the Sarenne, as Saikee says it is billed as the longest black run in the alps, but only the top part is black - the lower third runs by the side of a stream and is more blue - it may even have some flattish bits which if any of your group are boarders they'll need to keep their speed up to get past.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

it may even have some flattish bits which if any of your group are boarders they'll need to keep their speed up to get past.

-We are all skiers! ..Thank god wink Cool Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

Does anyone know the website for the helicopter transfer so we could spend the day skiing in Les 2 Alpes.
snow conditions
http://pistehors.com/backcountry/wiki/Isere-Drome/L-Alpe-D-Huez
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy