Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canadian & US Dollar Exchange Rates

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ever since I can remember travelling to North America, the Canadian Dollar has been worth less than the US Dollar, usually by at least 10%, often substantially by a greater margin. This has helped to give Canadian skiing a competitive price advantage relative to US resorts. However, in today's paper the quoted tourist rate against the pound is US$1.95 and Can$ 1.93! Sad
In some northern US Ski resorts like Jay Peak in Vermont in order to attract Canadian skiers the lift pass office would display a sign stating "We accept Canadian dollars at parity." I guess now the boot's on the other foot some Canadian resorts as a concession to US visitors will start accepting US Dollars at parity! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Interesting. There is a big gap between the headline and tourist rates, and my bank is doing 1.95 for US dollars, but seem to be able to get 1.97 from online providers.

I have some old canadian dollars - will have to dig them out.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In my shop I accept US dollars at $2 to the pound and Euros at 1.50E (I don't normaly take Canadian dollars)

I should add I haven't changed these rates all year...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
II, I think you will need to up your Dollar rate.

snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sage wrote:
II, I think you will need to up your Dollar rate.

snowHead

I would, bearing in mind the rate yo can get will almost certainly be worse.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cad to Pound as dropped quite a bit in the last month...
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?from=GBP&to=CAD&amt=1&t=3m
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter Hardy's article in the Saturday Daily Telegraph on North American skiing started by commenting on the lack of reliable snow cover across Europe last season, and the weakness of the american dollar. However, he made no mention of the strengthening of the Canadian dollar. Compared to the US Dollar, the Canadian Dollar (aka Loonie) over the last 5 years has increased from 65 US cents to now more than 1US$, see this site. This IMO amounts to a huge change in the relative costs between skiing in the US or Canada.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
On the Travelex website it looks like the pound nosedived against the CAD in a 2 week period between 13/9 and 20/9. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Living on the border here, its amazing to see all the Canadians coming over to shop in the US, the mall car parks are full of Ontario license plates now. They are loving it.

Used to be that Toronto was a cheap weekend away for us in Buffalo, sadly no more, and as for when I come back to Blighty, lets just say anyone spare some chnage for a poor ex-pat Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dbiggins, ..... allow me therefore to suggest "The dbiggins, Jar Appeal" ... I will start putting loose change in a dbiggins, jar from this moment henceforth ..... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good idea BernardC, I'll put a few jars away for him as well Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BernardC, FenlandSkier, I knew I could count your sympathy guys Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm quite enjoying being paid in CAD Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy