Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Now with pictures: They're here!!! I own my own skis.......and...........

Poster: A snowHead
They're fabulous!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Pictures to follow later!!

Edit:

Pictures added at post timed at 18:22 6th October further down this thread

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 6-10-07 19:23; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
now you need to learn how to spell "skis" wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OOOooooo, I want some too. What are they like on the front room carpet, could you give them a spin down the stairs. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Congratulations
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arno, I didn't put in that apostrophe - honest!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Megamum, congratulations... remember not to burn them out while switch skiing down the stairs.. no matter how tempted you are refrain from setting up a kicker on your stairs.......... big air to coffee table.. to gummy bear...always a bad idea.. Very Happy Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It looks as though you've all have new skis yourselves before - Yeaah.....they're just awesome on the front room carpet, trying to work out whether I can work in the spiral stairs at the top of the house loft conversion with the landing and then continue down the main staircase, along the hall way and out the front door!! Toofy Grin Cool
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Megamum, I wanna see video of that.. new extreme house skiing.. I can envisage next years TGR offering already Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Megamum, ... Ski Admiring Sessions ... do remember to set your alarm clock, or phone alarm ...... 4 hour sessions Maximum ... Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Megamum wrote:
They're fabulous!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The smiles are nice, but I think what you really meant was...........
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
SnowHot, quality!! Where did you get those skier smiley dudes??
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mrtoastie, from ski diva. The copy image location is
http://www.theskidiva.com/forums/images/smilies/ski2.gif
The whoo hoo one is:
http://forums.epicski.com/images/smilies/yahoo.gif

Just insert them into the image tabs, and you got it!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Megamum wrote:

I don't think I can wait.

Embarassed Embarassed (mess left on keyboard)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Megamum, It wasn't Royal Mail then...

There's nothing like buying skis. A year on from buying my first pair, I'm still getting them out and stroking them at least once a week...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mrtoastie wrote:
Megamum, I wanna see video of that.. new extreme house skiing.. I can envisage next years TGR offering already Toofy Grin

He is me and my new skis this summer

http://youtube.com/v/wIo7NFNmVp0
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skimottaret, That's the video I was only telling mum about only 5 minutes ago Laughing
snow report
Megamum, i have posted it before but it did seem appropriate, it always cracks me up Laughing Laughing
snow report
if you liked that one check out extreme escalator skiing here

http://youtube.com/v/k9iNfZXhVQg
latest report
skimottaret, .... looks like a helmet could be on your Santa wish-list ...... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
BernardC, cant take credit for either extreme skiing adventure, but a helmet is a good idea doing that sort of stuff. one has to take care when picking a line down the angel tube escalator, check out this vid when the skier got his line very wrong indeed.

http://youtube.com/v/s_B5NutSkUQ
snow report
They're incredibly tactile. The wave finish which helps to flex up and down but not twist side to side through their length is actually physically there. As I run my fingers up and down them they feel quite unique most unlike the hire ones. They also look thicker, particularly in the middle, than the hire skis I guess that's to give the volume to fit their fancy fusion binding into. Also the ski brake is not operated trough the heel fitting segment of the binding as I'm reasonable sure the hire binding were (from memory). Instead there is a separate raised 'plinth' just in front of the heel binding that appears to operate the brake. But, they do really feel great to skroke with this wavey finish on them. I can't wait for February to have a play with them they really look the business - I'm sure they will make my skiing fantastic wink
ski holidays
Megamum,
Quote:
They're incredibly tactile. The wave finish which helps to flex up and down but not twist side to side through their length is actually physically there. As I run my fingers up and down them they feel quite unique

Have you bought your skis from Ann Summers? wink
snow report
Spyderman, I agree, they are a really sexy ski!! Very Happy with a rippled surface.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, Ribbed for extra pleasure.wink
snow report
Spyderman, at least............... wink
latest report
Megamum, If you find you are sleeping with them this has probably gone too far... Toofy Grin

The first skis you buy are the ones you feel the most about. But they will break your heart. After that you begin a process of promiscuous purchasing and demo-ing of other skis in a circle of frenzied experimentation, eventually tiring of it and settling down with one pair, but always wondering if another pair might have been better...
snow report
Good luck - one pair of skis I bought I put through my own nose when slipping slightly in the car park at the end of the 1st day. Profuse bleeding and an $800 set of stiches later made them a purchse literally paid for in blood.
snow report
So er.. what skis exactly? I've heard there's a couple on the market NehNeh
snow report
Timmaah,

http://global.skipass.com/gearguide/ski/2007/elan/wave-magic.html
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've just come back home after going to a St John Ambulance meeting. They're still here on the sofa next to me - the ripples still feel amazing!!! Cool
snow report
Megamum wrote:
They're still here on the sofa next to me - the ripples still feel amazing!!! Cool

Way,way too much information. wink Laughing
latest report
Megamum wrote:
I've just come back home after going to a St John Ambulance meeting. They're still here on the sofa next to me - the ripples still feel amazing!!! Cool

I'm grinning just thinking about you grinning!

#1 reason to take off from work to go skiing! Your new skis arrived!
latest report
Megamum, think how sad you're going to feel when you hit that first rock! Twisted Evil
latest report
Megamum wrote:
They're incredibly tactile. The wave finish which helps to flex up and down but not twist side to side through their length is actually physically there. As I run my fingers up and down them they feel quite unique most unlike the hire ones. They also look thicker, particularly in the middle, than the hire skis I guess that's to give the volume to fit their fancy fusion binding into. Also the ski brake is not operated trough the heel fitting segment of the binding as I'm reasonable sure the hire binding were (from memory). Instead there is a separate raised 'plinth' just in front of the heel binding that appears to operate the brake. But, they do really feel great to skroke with this wavey finish on them. I can't wait for February to have a play with them they really look the business - I'm sure they will make my skiing fantastic wink

You ever considered writing for Black Lace?? Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
OK that's enough waxing lyrical, now get some real wax on them before you ski them. Very Happy
latest report
It is a good feeling getting new clobber.

I have to admit to standing in front of the mirror in my new NF decagon jacket, NF monte Cargo pants, and delicious Nordica speedmachine 10 boots Cool oooohhhh and also wearing new hat and gloves aswell Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
latest report
Renry, before my first trip of last season, i had a few friends round and we all sat watching ski movies in all our ski gear, neighbours must've thought we were mental!!

Megamum, Well done for taking the plunge, Just wait till you get back, and justify your second pair Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Now the pictures:

Gotta give 'em a cuddle!!

Phew!! Just got through the colour coordinated mogul field snowHead

snow conditions
Next move should be to strap 'em to the roof rack, climb up, click in and get someone to drive you round town. Tuck position recommended. Go on you know you want to
snow conditions
Megamum, Looking good.
The mogul field looks highly impressive too Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Megamum, .... if I may suggest a pair of colour co-ordinating poles ..... Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy