Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has anyone discovered a functional ski outfit with sex appeal?

Poster: A snowHead
I was just thinking back to the comment I made about the bagginess of snow boarding outfits. It occurs to me that given the necessary functionality of cold weather gear it rarely does anything for the, particuarly, female form. There must therefore be many physically fit skiers zooming around the slopes who are never appreciated for their physical form - which is a shame. Does functional ski gear ever come with sex appeal? With the men I guess it must enhance their form and provide a more hunky appearance, which might account for the somewhat notorious appeal of male instructors to femal instructee? But as far as I can see functional ski gear only seems to make us ladies appear more rugged, esp. if we can't fit mens gear, This must lower the appreciation stakes, as which men prefer a rugged lady?

This seems like a subject which could generate some further discussion.....................
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Megamum, .... the Lardies 'Fluro' photo albums should provide you with adequate research material ..... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Megamum, as the above suggests.

I find ALL of my ski gear is packed full of sex appeal. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dig up some Obermeyer catalogues from the early and mid 90s.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can you clarify? does it need to be specifically function FOR sex?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Alexandra, now that's just blatant fishing for the Lange girls link. For shame.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alexandra, Not specifically functional for sex itself, but just not obscuring the shape of the form inside it!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Megamum, maybe some of us are pleased about the obscurity wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There are some suitable outfits here:
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Megamum, surely it depends what you find sexy... I know quite a few guys that are just not attracted to the "vapid little lady's front bottom" type... and I know I personally find a man with a decent brain that is used regularly very attractive...

You should hear the comments my instructor buddies make about females that wear make-up to ski in or spend a lot of time rearranging themselves lookwise... I know they find a female who can really ski well very sexy.. and a woman that skids about everywhere very non-sexy...

One instructor tends to fluctuate between very similar "resort chick" types(seriously I would hardly be able to tell one bottle blonde(airplane blonde) bimbo from the other despite having met all of them) and the others give him heaps. They keep suggesting he should change his selection process and then women might stop giving him only grief.

So if you are not interested in purely physical characteristics then sexy can have little to do with clothes...

BTW - the sexiest man I know is very into baggy clothes... and the two runners up are not far behind... none are clothes horses... and all very sexy well into their 40's and 50's
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Aww thanks little tiger, Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There are plenty of skibunnies out there. Especially in pricey Alpine or US resorts. They tend to be superMILFs with plenty of cash in white skisuits.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Megamum wrote:
Alexandra, Not specifically functional for sex itself, but just not obscuring the shape of the form inside it!!

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What p's me off is the fact that the women's skiwear industry thinks ALL female skiers should be small. I'm a touch 'top heavy', so need larger jacket than salopettes. I have found few jackets in size 18 and seen one in a 20. In most makes a 16 is considered XL! SO I ended up getting a man's jacket which is shapeless & just makes me look even bloomin bigger all over - but at least my bm stays warm!

To add to that, the sizing of some clothes seems very mean indeed, My sister, an enviable size 10 tried on a jacket in EB at Tamworth and found she needed a Large in that particular make!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
NewSkier wrote:
To add to that, the sizing of some clothes seems very mean indeed, My sister, an enviable size 10 tried on a jacket in EB at Tamworth and found she needed a Large in that particular make!

Ain't that the truth - I have a pair of trousers that are marked UK 18 and barely fit 14/16.
snow report
snow conditions
Where's the scuba kit Arno?
snow conditions
Arno wrote:

Stop showing off my new outfit will ya!
ski holidays
Quote:

airplane blonde

(giggles) Laughing
snow conditions
I just want them to be shorter, esp the pants, wrinkling up around the ankles is not a good look..........

A PIXie.
ski holidays
Oh I don't know, girls can look okay in a one-piece, watch out for frost nip though

Now you mention ski instructors, they often wear race pants which couldn't be more figure hugging - however they can ahem enhance the size of the female derriere.
ski holidays
Quote:

I know they find a female who can really ski well very sexy.. and a woman that skids about everywhere very non-sexy...

Lets see.... Elle "the body" McPherson skidding down to my apartment for some afternoon delight, nahhhh she's a rubbish skier, but there goes old thunder thighs carving by, boing.... rolling eyes
snow conditions
Picking up on the picture above, I actually think the all in one suit was probably more flattering for some female forms than the two piece outfits favoured now (that doesn't include me btw). Very much in the same vein as the race suits pictured above. The thing with race suits though is I doubt they are intended for long term use - i.e. a whole day spent on the mountain - I've never had a look at one close up, but they appear to be thin enough to be freezing!!
ski holidays
Megamum, hmm, not so sure about all in one suits. Excusably, this was many years ago in a life before children Blush
latest report
hmm... thinking further (and not being silly this time) when does wearing "functional" clothes ever equate to sex appeal?
snow report
 brian
brian
snow conditions
brian, it must be a bit chilly though, all that snow spraying up the kilt. Very Happy
ski holidays
davidof who gave you permission to publish photos of my lady Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum, untill they produce a functional 'Princess Leia gold bikini ski suit' I will be happy to let skiing be an adrenalin pastime and keep sex where it belongs... in back alleys and seedy car parks. wink
ski holidays
ski holidays

snow report
kitenski, 2nd picture. My wife has a pair of them! K2 Fujatives. Laughing
snow report
5 fabulous examples Toofy Grin

latest report
Quote:

I actually think the all in one suit was probably more flattering for some female forms than the two piece outfits

As long as you avoid the dreaded 'camel toe' wink
latest report
marmalade, Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing
snow conditions
omg!!!

I like the way I look in baggy snowboard stuff, though it would be nice to find a jacket that wasn't actually way too big round the waist, like mine often are.
If it's warm, a nice slim fitted top looks good with baggy pants, I think.
I've seen people skiing in figure-hugging outfits and I think it looks a bit odd. Jenny Jones looks nice here, IMO
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Caption to that photos creases me up every time ...

Best Duck?
Best Lardy?
Best .......?

snowHead
latest report
If you've got the cash for Chanel: (note handy chains etc, presumably for rappelling down ice sections on couloirs...)

or for warmer days - they do hot pants!

snow report
Agenterre, You would have wet your pants as Pompeymanc skied into the lunch stop with charlatefc's wig in his hand. The wig had blown off at high speed and knowing it would mean an uphill walk the owner had kept on skiing rolling eyes A few minutes later Pompeymanc thought he was being attacked by a saamll black panther as it blew accross the piste. Once reality struck he removed the offending item from the mountain.
snow report
The guardian do a round-up of ski fashion...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2006/oct/08/travelfashionadvice.skiing

Stella McCartney available from Sweaty Betty might be a bit more realistic

http://www.sweatybetty.com/Scripts/prodlist.asp?idcategory=9
http://www.press.adidas.com/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-17/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy