Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SFR - The joys of online mobile phone top-ups ....

Poster: A snowHead

Just spend a very happy hour and a half attempting to top up my SFR mobile on sfr.fr .....

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ..........

Our French cousins must be sharing database information and found out that I bested the best efforts of the Telepeage computer to out do me ..... and bested the best efforts of the Val Thorens Car Park computer to out do me with my very cunning plan to secure the nearest parking to our EoSB abode.

It was 2 - 0 ..... to me until now ....

.... but I shall be back after my tea ...... Twisted Evil

In the meantime if any regular users of the delightful sfr.fr have any pointers, then pray tell.

The problem seems to be with our French cousins considering internationally accepted VISA or Mastercard as Etrangere - Foreigner ....... Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I spent a fruitless afternoon doing much the same and resorted to buying from a shop - it seems they really don't like our cards, not unlike the petrol stations near calais. (the automated ones.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Carrier pigeon is what you want mate. I looked into a French mobile and it was just too much effort to get sorted. It was only by luck that I managed to get a phone line installed in the apartment. French bureaucracy requires a certain mindset that I just don't have...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, I think my phone line is installed, but I haven't been able to find out yet. FT have managed to pur the wrong address on the bill (although La Poste delivered to the right one) so I am doubtful it is working.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BTW, our Nationwide card worked in ALL the automatic petrol stations this summer, even in the Alps, I didn't need to use my French visa card once (don't keep a lot of spare cash in the account).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, The French are amateurs at this, We moved in to our house in on the outskirts of Rome at the beggining of August, Telecom Italia have just given us a revised date to install our phone as the 1st December. Ho Hum
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Today is a new day ..... I begin again .... my goal .... ?

3 - 0 ..... Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BernardC,well, did you succeed ?? Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BernardC, Did you find any messages or missed calls on it? Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
You think BT are bad.... ? they knock spots off Dutch, German, Irish, French and Belgique telecoms and a good few more for good measure.

Totally different league, IMV
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JT, too bl**dy right, my phone line was connected at our French apartment at the end of August , except it wasn't. I have bill for the connection charge, and have arranged broadband, but the line has not been connected at our place, it is working, so god know who has got our phone line.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
..... quote ... from "Gone With The Wind" .....

"..... tomorrow is another day ...."

.... as today the SFR scrum held its ground .... Evil or Very Mad

Tomorrow I begin again ..... my goal is still 3 - 0 .... wink

I am made of sterner stuff, than our recently departed rugby team ....

Bah ! ... I pour scorn on their efforts .... my little grey cells are working overtime ... and i have a cunning plan ....

(Similar to the "Great Val Thorens Parking Plan" of 2007) .... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
How cunning, m'lud?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
comprex, ..... Baldrick rarely fails ...... Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If it can work out a cunning plan for getting my landline connected to the right apartment, let me know.
snow report
Helen Beaumont, it will probably be easier to swap appts with whoever's got your number than to get it connected to the right one rolling eyes
snow report
FenlandSkier, probably.
snow report
BernardC, Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, got bored, gave up, bought a vodaphone voucher!!! I seems to be impossible.....I'm thinking of trying to register the card at a shop in France then seeing if it works after that.
snow report
homphomp, .... I still have the cunning plan ....

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're still here we may as well dance." ......

..... and sing .... Toofy Grin

I'll get them yet .... wink
snow report
BernardC, is it 2 -1 at half time then?
latest report
FenlandSkier, .... this is a stage event, not a one day ..... Toofy Grin

.... stamina is the key ... Laughing
snow report
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Now fully topped-up ...... Laughing

3 - 0 . ..... Laughing ... I'm on a roll ......
ski holidays
I still haven't got the landline connected at the right apartment........... Care to take that one on next Bernard.............. Laughing
snow conditions
BernardC wrote:

One tip, never try to recharge your mobile on the day your last credit expires as the server will always be down.

I've had a lot of trouble with credit cards online - I think they've beefed up security and, f'example, if the address you give doesn't 100% match the one your card is registered with it will fail.
ski holidays
In addition to now being able to top up online and having done so on yesterday, SFR have also recognised that I am a VIP .... i.e. 'the customer' ..... Laughing

and have today sent me a 12 euro freebie, for the inconvenience, hurt and anxiety caused to me ...... Laughing
snow report
BernardC, well done Laughing
ski holidays
Resurrecting this old thread - we have recently bought ourselves mobiles from SFR to use when here and also it appeared with the deal we think we bought we can save 3 numbers which we can then call free. Seemed like a good idea - I have his, our chalet and the people that look after the chalet, and OH does the same with his phone saving my no and the other two.

We had 5 euros of 'free' credit with the new phones bought in the middle of November and knew that we had to top them up by 17th December.
We tried to do this online - in the end OH managed to top up mine using our French credit card, which we rarely use, having had no luck with any of our UK cards, but tried so many times with his own phone that it got blocked. So back down to Cluses this afternoon and by paying in the shop with his FairFX card he got his topped up - then had to re-register it because of the blocking. The assistant in the shop agreed, quite categorically that none of our UK credit cards, debit cards or our Fairfx cards could be used to do the top-ups online. Only French cards.
And now we have to register these three numbers for our free calls - has to be done in five days - and this has to be done on the phone, and its all automated and the messages are at a very rapid rate...
Beginning to think that we should just have stuck with the UK phones and stumped up a bit more for the calls.

Anyone any good advice or know of ways round the paying with French cards bit - or had experience of registering the three numbers..
ski holidays
Pamski, I just go to the Tabac and buy a voucher paying with either UK CC or French DC (whichever suits). With a 90 day €35 one i got a bonus 12 euros. I also take a €5 home so I can top up on arrival (or from the UK so I don't lose my number - which I think expires after 6 months if you don't put credit on it).
Not quite as elegant solution as doing it online but a lot more simple.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chocksaway, thanks, that sounds a good solution. We occasionally buy a card to use with our landline but use that so rarely for outgoing calls nowadays. And we can then use that with the SFR phone?
Years ago we had a French mobile and lost our number on it as although we had credit on it we hadn't used it so don't want to get caught like that again.
snow report
A few friends have just started using www.lefrenchmobile.com/

May make it easier for anyone starting from scratch.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy