Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What ever happened to Outlast (TM)?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The year was 1997.

We were never going to be sweaty then cold again.

It was going to take all our original waste heat unto itself. It was the second coming.

Marketing departments had to learn physics in order to sell phase change.

Keep your own heat for when you need it: the hybrid car of apparel.

Where is it now?

No, you don't have to tell me about merino, unless of course you have a merino footbed.

a) went off-patent so no profit selling it

b) we all sat on our fattenning duffs at table and the buckets of unseemly heated sinful fluids resulting thereafter would over-run any immanent capacity.

b.5) we, further, got chicken and started waddling indoors at the first hint of anything below -15.

b.75) Spare heat? We so fat we ain't got NO spare energy for nuthin'.

c) it Outlasted (TM) the budget of marketing departments

d) hybrids aren't "natural"

e) it couldn't Outlast(TM) the aggressive, hot, wet attentions of the laundry machine.

Do you have a theory? Rules: [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law]Godwin's Law[/url] conventions, both in the original formulation and in climate-related form. Any person who introduces those topics loses.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
f) brand confusion with Outrast(TM)?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Had (actually still have them, somewhere) a pair of Killy pants with "outlast" -luckily bought them for only 90 euros. I never felt warm in them, they weren't very waterproof - my opinion is that while the technology might work in the lab, it never worked properly "in the field" as regulating the temperature for a human being, outdoors demanded too much of these "hybrid molecules"
It was quite expensive, i would think that making a three layer gortex xcr jacket with outlast would have had a very interesting price tag.
I think i've seen hats with outlast recently, so maybe it hasn't disappeared?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy