Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
I have just booked a holiday to Les Deux Alpes for the end of January (I am an early intermediate). I have heard that this resort has extremely long queues at times. Can anyone advise?

Also, is it suitable for someone of my ability?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jb1970, welcome to snowheads, easiski is the snowhead to help you, she's an instructor in LDA. So she'll know all the ins and outs of the place, could well be worth your while to reserve some tuition with her.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks David

Can I get a hold of easiski on here?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jb1970 - welcome to snowHead

in the user facility at the top left of the main menu screen look for the search function; type in the resort name and her id ; then click on her user name when found and send her a PM ( private message )

alternatively send an email to www.easiski.com
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jb1970, my family - all ages and abilities! - has had lessons from easiski on several occasions. You won't find a better, more patient, or more understanding instructor. She is a particularly effective communicator - no jargon, no over-complicated instructions, one step at a time.

As for queues, depends on the time of year. Of course, if you're with easiski, you jump them all anyway!

Don't PM easiski! She never checks her inbox. Email her via her site.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PG, Thanks for the kind words. I've just been off air a lot lately. In the UK I can only connect at 28,800 Kbhps, so the internet is almost out. I always think I'll have time at work but work keeps getting in the way! Thanks also to David@traxvax for the mention.
jb1970, The only time you'll find massive queues in LDA is during the school holidays. I guess you've been reading the Good Ski Guide. As a point, the guy who writes that hates LDA (I don't know why), and always comes in Feb when he can justifiably say there are huge queues. Actually the queues are really only for the Jandri Express at the bottom, the rest of the mountain if OK most of the time. There are problems on Les Cretes teaching slope, but with 4 or less clients the official ski schools can jump all the queues. If you have 5, then you're queuing again.
LDA should be fine for you, but you should approach our blue runs with caution, some of them are definitely red. If you know which is which then no problem.
If you want loadsa information, then feel free to email me personally. My private email is on my profile and my business one is on the website.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski, do 28.8 modems still exist?! I thought the worst you could have these days is the 56.6K connection. What century does your modem date from?!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PS - there's been a PM waiting for you in your inbox since Friday October 8th!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG, It's a 56K modem, but a shared phone line a bit like the old "party line" system - so I only get half speed! Broadband has now come to LDA, so I think I'll take the plunge with that one - no chance here though - not my house! Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
At the end of Jan 02 we were in LDA and got 5 feet of snow in resort! We had a first timer with us and he had a ball.
A bit of a steep drop off back into the village, but you can always ride down in a gondola. I would recommend you try the other side of the valley at least once - it gives you a completely different perspective on the resort.
and of course, you need to visit l'Ours Blanc for a bit of refreshment after a busy day on the slopes. Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
xxx

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 18-11-04 12:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowball, are you in the right thread? Puzzled Puzzled
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sorry, you are right, I was on Les Arcs. I'll delete the above. Embarassed
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I worked in LDA for a season in 96-97, love the place. Hope my advice is not out of date:
1. Take the helicopter to Alpe D Huez for the day, well worth the cash, same lift pass, great skiing for intermediates.
2. The blacks into resort are steep and icy, if you are timid I would give them a miss. The green run down is fine normally but at peak times as its just a road it can get hairy with no room to turn.
Have fun!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
lewis, Do I know you? I was working for the ESI St Christophe at the time. Since then we've got more cannons on the Combe Valentin, so ice is no longer regular, but the erst of your info is spot on.

Come back when you get a chance - much improved uplift since then and several new pistes! Laughing snowHead Cool
snow conditions
LDA is opening on Saturday, but only the glacier to start with due to lack of snow elsewhere, although I believe it's forecast for the coming week. Conditions on the glacier are aparently very good - it having been cold and sunny for quite a while. the resort will stay open until the end of April.
latest report
Just found out I'm going here on 12th December (not Cervinia as i'd expected).

Any advice for 'don't miss doing this'?

or 'be sure you avoid this'?

AW
snow report
AlpineWalker, Don't miss the Mezzanine bar! The snow cover isn't great at the moment, but the glacier is good. If we get a big dump before you come, don't miss ski-ing La Grand Pente (if you're into blacks), or Les Gours which is beautiful. If there's enough snow also don't miss ski-ing down to Bons (you may need help to find the lovely La Moliere resto en route). There may be fireworks which are always good. If you like an evening out don't miss the Brazilien Bar. Look at my website (www.easiski.com) for a full info fix (resort information page). Send me an email and let's have a drink while you're here! snowHead Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy