Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dendix thumb

Poster: A snowHead
Not quite sure where to ask this question but does anyone have a good cure or any tips to speed recovery of a sprained thumb?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ickabodblue wrote:
Nany tips to speed recovery of a sprained thumb?

Don't sprain it again.

:-D
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This morning it is really stiff and moderately swollen. I suppose I should bravely try to keep moving it rather than keeping it still. Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ickabodblue, An Ice Pack soon after helps, after that just live with it.
Top tip: Make a fist if you fall or better still don't fall over.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spyderman, Thanks, I'll try my utmost not to fall over again. Razz
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Top tip 2 Dont do Dendix Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nothing quite like laying in the Bath pulling Dendix filaments out of your backside with tweezers. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Top tip 3: Sew thumb and forefinger (of glove Smile) together
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Spyderman, Cute trick that, Toofy Grin ..........
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Seriously though, does it take long? I'm a chiropodist and I don't think I'll be weilding a scalpel this morning. Crying or Very sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
geoffers wrote:

Bit difficult to hold a ski pole if you do that. Confused
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ickabodblue, Couple of weeks. I thought Chiropodists were experts with Feet, can't you hold a Scalpel between your toes? wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spyderman wrote:
geoffers wrote:

Bit difficult to hold a ski pole if you do that. Confused

not as silly as you think, i did my thumb and have been using a boxing training glove on my bad hand. the thumb is sewn to the hand to you cant catch it. May look a bit funny but i am still skiing.....

you can just about hold a pole
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ickabodblue, hope it's feeling better. My husband did that at Gloucester, though it was his little finger, not a thumb. It looked dislocated, was sticking out at nasty angle, and despite immediate visit to A & E (who saw him coming and knew where he was coming from) it took ages to get better and eventually turned out to have been broken and not properly dealt with. It's never been the same since; best get an expert to have a look at it if it's still giving trouble.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ickabodblue, I hurt my thumb on the dry slope a couple of years ago and it still gives me some pain. I suspect I may have fractured it at the time but I just strapped it up without getting it checked out.

If in doubt have a doctor look at it, better safe than sorry.

snowHead
snow conditions
pam w, It turned a nasty colour but there wasn't a huge amount of swelling so I don't think I've broken anything. The swelling hasn't gone completely and it is still quite stiff but it's going in the right direction and it was only a week ago. Think I might have a bit of trouble holding my poles at tonight's lesson though Madeye-Smiley

Sorry to hear about your husband.
latest report
ickabodblue, The commonest injury you have to be worried about is ulnar collateral ligament disruption at the 1st MCPJ.
ie Skier's Thumb. I am not sure I have ever seen a comparable 1st MTPJ injury. Do you ever see them? If attempting to deviate the 1st MCPJ laterally hurts, you should seek help. If it were a Bennett's fracture I suspect you would know by now
ski holidays
stoatsbrother, Thanks for the advice, the pain is definately far worse on lateral deviation. Crying or Very sad

I've never come across a comparable 1st MTPJ injury, I suppose because the hallux is generally shorter and fatter and protected in footwear.
ski holidays
ickabodblue,

Depends on how bad the ligament tear actually is. I tore mine on my first ski trip when I knocked an instructor over on the nursery slope. Entirely my fault, but i was actually trying hard not to knock his class over like skittles at the time. Anyway I digress.....

It took several months for pain and swelling to go. I should have sought medical advice but didn't. Have you?

Skibb
latest report
Skibb, Eh.... no. But it is much better now. It is not so much painful now as a little uncomfortable and the swelling has nearly gone. Only really notice it when I forget and try to carry something in that hand.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy