Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl - good for beginner snowboarders?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone

Would anyone have any feedback on Ischgl for beginner boarders? I went to Les Deux Alpes last year and there was really only one suitable green for beginners, and that had an evil chairlift with a steep drop off. (There was plenty of good runs for beginner skiiers though). I guess I'd be hoping there are a few accessible wide green runs with nice chairlifts.

thanks Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
littlemisssunshine, The classification of Austrian pistes is blue, red, black. They don't have greens like in France. The Blues though range from a run down a road to a more challenging steeper piste. That said, in the Idalpe area of Ischgl there are plenty of wide blues geared up for beginners and you can see most the run so there won't be any hidden surprises. We went with a beginner skier and there was enough in the Idalpe area to keep her occupied and she really liked it.

The webcams usually show the Idalpe area. There are other areas over on the Swiss side with plenty of wide blues also.

Ischgl has an excellent lift system - mainly high speed chairs and very few T-bars. It's the best I've ever come across in Austria and I've skiied quite a few resorts there now.

Apres ski is brilliant.

You would need to be prepared to get the gondola down at the end of the day as the red home runs are busy and challenging even for intermediate level skiers and would be too narrow in parts for a boarder.

Go for it, it's a great resort with excellent infrastructure and pistes.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy