Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone been to 'The Maxx' lately?

Poster: A snowHead
nope, not me, no way, mens pants are just narrow load fit in comparison Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Went in tonite to see what was in stock for the missus. Wasn't that much for the laydees (mostly M and L sizes) but for the fellas there was loads of ACG, H/H and Quicksilver stuff.

They had a pair of Maharishi/Quicksilver pants thta were £50 - amazingly cool. Bright yellow ACG pants for £45 and ACG jackets for £60. They even had a loverly green H/H Precon jacket for £65 - the cheapest I've found it in the shops is £99 at chainreaction.

Incidentaly, bought a pair of used Volcom Nimbus pants off ebay for the wifey for just £15 + £5 p & p. Hardly used and they look awesome. They're bright red and don't go with the missus' green Cross jacket so guess what...?... she wants another jacket!!

Oh well, at leats she's not buying more bras and jeans!! Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Found a nice pair of Nike ACG gloves, went today and the they had a nice pair of Dakine gloves which I didn't expect! No! I don't have a glove fetish!! They just stood out amongst the crap in the Liverpoooloooooooo branch. Still looking for a pair of pants for the woman, (thongs don't count!!)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
did you buy the dakine gloves? i had a pair of nova gloves with their own brand 'dk dry' liner or something - i had wet hands all week in france last year and sent them back. swap them if you can! there were some goretex lined leather dakines in limerick yesterday which were too small for me Sad

talking of pants thay has some HH ones made of "heli tec" which i think is 10k/10k. has anyone tried them? if they're any good i'll pick up a pair on monday i think.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I didn't get the Dakine ones, I opted for the Nike ones instead. Picked up a few pairs of socks as well, nothing else really took my eye.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Southampton store today, loads of blokes trousers from ACG, Quicksilver, HH etc but wanted a jacket and nothing to suit Crying or Very sad

Also seemed to be an excellent selection of stuff for the ladies.........
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
got a new jacket at the Maxx today! Meier: £39, 5000/5000, & lighter weight/easier to move in than my other one which makes me feel like the Michelin Man.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Managed to buy a pair of ORAGE ski pants for £80 Sport-conrad have them for 300 euros - though they are in brown.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
THIS YEAR I SHALL MOSTLY BE ROD STEWART

I have picked myself up a pair of purple tartan pants Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ACG mitts for £20 (xmas pressy fromt he missus) and Nike ACG Gore-tex pants that are super-duper sexy for £60. Might take the pants back though as thay means I now have FIVE sets of pants... Might open my own shop!! Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So what is this "MAXX" then? I take it it's a shop. I only know it from Robbie Williams singing "TK Maxx costs less, Jackson looks a mess".
Do they have socks? And any shops in wales or bristol?

Hmm that's an idea for a thread.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stab, your leaving the snowy moutians for Wales & Bristol & thinking of a trip to TK MAXX Shocked

ROFLMAO

Talk about a come down Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
That's just how I roll Cool

2 week family thing Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stab, don't envy you, an evening of family is enough for me Confused
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There was a 148 snowboard in my local mega maxx on Saturday Shocked
snow report
stab, it's a kind of high street jumble sale.
snow conditions
I went to the MAXX, wtf is all that about then? I guess it must vary on region, the local one to where I'm staying was gash.
snow conditions
stab, its a bit of a mission, I have a mate who goes in every Wed morning to check the new stock (he works for the council), it is real pot luck.
snow conditions
stab, you'll just have to go again next week NehNeh
latest report
I would but I'm spent out/sick of shopping. Instead of buying one pair of trousers which was the plan, I bought 3 and 2 jackets Embarassed and god knows what else.
ski holidays
stab, any sheep ?
latest report
Yes loads.
How's the sainsbury's car park this time of year? Any fresh snow?
snow report
stab, Laughing its a bit sparse
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow, don't lie, you built a 6ft kicker and you're trying to keep it a secret.
ski holidays
Swirly, ssssshhh otherwise they'll all be jumping on the Met line to get a looky
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, not this morning they won't! You've confirmed a suspicion of mine though -- I was pretty sure only an experienced rider of the Tube could have written this (on the BZK lift passes thread)
Quote:
I keep mine in my rucksack, great enjoyment to be had by holding everyone up whilst i remove my gloves and rumage around till I find it. Then of course it takes time to put my gloves back on ....

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Just off down there now on my way to Tesco.
latest report
Gorgeous fitted Helly Hanson XP ski jacket with all the trimmings ( eg sleeve pocket for lift pass, i-pod pocket) in scrummy white with taupey trim and fake sable around the hood. £70 from over £200. I bought it for my boyfriend's 11 year daughter for Xmas as she is coming skiing with us for the first time in March. I am now considering sending her into the forest with the huntsman so I can keep it for myself.

I have bought great ski gear from TK Maxx over the years and our brand new one in St Stephens (new shopping centre in Hull) is the dogs dangly bits.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snojito, I haven't worked in the big smoke for 2 years now Crying or Very sad i really miss those little things you can do to make the journey fun Twisted Evil
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow, Laughing like shouting "oh my god! It's a WASP!!" mid-tunnel on a packed-to-bursting Northern line train, for example? Twisted Evil

Staying wildly off topic, where have all the boarders gone? I've been forced to go deep under cover in the Bend Ze Knees section and I'm terrified I'm about to get rumbled.... ('specially now I've written this)
ski holidays
snojito, my favourite (on the overground trains) was to press the door close button as I got off. Always guarenteed a laugh.
ski holidays
snojito, I know its been real quiet recently, I too have ventured into BZK, but strictly to take the wee wee. I think our esteemed recent FUN instigator has been off chasing sheep ... hopefully normal order will resume soon.
ski holidays
Swirly, Laughing I've got visions of an Indiana Jones-style dive and roll, perhaps reaching back for your dropped hat as the doors slam shut....

DebbiDoesSnow, I pray you're right. Without the usual healthy doses of snowHead 's sarcasm, this Friday afternoon's looking frighteningly long. Heaven forbid but I may even end up doing some work... Shocked
snow conditions
snojito, I have to work the boss is in & behind me Evil or Very Mad Thats so selfish of her !

A Mini window strategically placed in the bottom left corner of pc & scrolling left and right for ages to read posts is how its gonna have to be this afternoon - lets hope the Sarcasm Cavalry arrive - even Swirlys not picking on me today !

Swirly can't snowboard for toffee .... [dangles carrot]
snow conditions
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
snojito, A Mini window strategically placed in the bottom left corner of pc

How many snowHead 's do you think are "reproducing" this scene throughout the UK (the world?)?? Very Happy

Start counting: One!
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
I think our esteemed recent FUN instigator has been off chasing sheep ... hopefully normal order will resume soon.

it's raining too much to chase teh sheep, how the hell do you people live in this god awfull country? I've had 2 speed camera flashes so far and as for smoking bans, what the hell is all that about then?
ski holidays
been busy this week so quiet for me on here, just did a 7am to 7pm day at work (half of it freebie VIP at Wales GB rally Very Happy) but finished everything off for my flight to Zurich tomorrow and my week in St Anton Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
rayscoops, have fun, don't come back with any dodgy bandana's as a souvenier !
ski holidays
On my Blackberry now so I will see if I can post pics
snow conditions
rayscoops, get you ! Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy