Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone been to 'The Maxx' lately?

Poster: A snowHead
thewahwah, keep it quite though, skiers do not normally pop in here Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rayscoops, oops! so it's 'burn the skier' in here then? don't worry, i'm disguised as a snowboarder in all my tk maxx bought quiksilver duds wink.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh crikey, I've inadvertently given sound buying advice to Boarders. No worries, in the spirit of respect and harmony I'll say it again, Tk-Maxx is rubbish. If you want sound performance clothing for excellent value, go straight to Gucci Toofy Grin .
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thewahwah wrote:
Now if the Maxx did skis/snowboards...

They've finally gone and done it. 150cm F2 Bloom Snowboard out on display Shocked. I didn't have the courage to look at the price. TK Maxx are determined to bankrupt me (luckily, it's a board for the ladies anyway).

edit: non-boarder got the brand name mixed up.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 19-10-07 14:42; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Our Maxx is rubbish.... Got hardly any mens gear & the womans is average at best & mainly the 'ski look' not boarding. And not a sniff of a board or boots to be had .. Not that i need any more gear but you got to look wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
debbi, sometimes it's rude not to.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Swirly, Its like a car accident - you don't want to but you do anyway Shocked
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
debbi, loads of womans stuff down here, even white boots with pink bits on them, and jackets with girlie bits and writing on them
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rayscoops, [ stamps feet ]
"Thats not fair" Sad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
debbi, off to Swansea for you.

Will Heaven be like Swansea, Edward?

It's a pretty shitty city.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pretty ugly city too Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rayscoops, they're the only quotes I know about it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pretty ugly town too

watch this, it is from Twin Towns, if you have not seen the film get it now!! Very Happy

Adult content

http://youtube.com/v/ZS8_APv-ZrU

edit - the pretty shitty city one aswell

http://youtube.com/v/gePHycMSYFw&eurl=http://www.prettyshittycity.co.uk/2006/11/24/ambition-is-critical/

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 19-10-07 16:20; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rayscoops, seen that film - think I'll pass on the visit, Confused

Got my eye on these puppies anyway & I don't reckon they will ever hit the Maxx

ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
debbi, something very similar down here, honest !!
latest report
well, a third Maxx has opened in my area so I popped down there and came away with a pair of snowboard pants and a snowboard jacket (5,000 thingy breathable etc.) for £60. Bargain. Loads of Billabong/Quiclsilver snowboard type stuff etc., plus the normal ski jacket type stuff.

Nice new stores = nice new stock - too much girlie stuff (all pink, pastel, beige) though for my liking wink
latest report
rayscoops, Pink is macho... just ask Stab !!
snow report
debbi, I am old though, can not carry it off any more Sad
snow conditions
rayscoops,
you board = your young, hip & down wiv da kids!
you ski = cardigans, pipe, slippers etc.... wink
snow report
debbi, I like those too. However, I already have ample amounts of trouserage and no reason to go forking out for more.
snow report
Lizzard, Its because I am so small (5ft) that every season I ruin my trousers by them dragging on the floor. I normally try to buy sale pants to keep the cost down but they are calling me ! At £150 Shocked they are an extravance, so will be waiting to see if I get my bonus before I splash out.
ski holidays
debbi, something similar in Maxx for £30 wink
ski holidays
debbi, you're smaller than my board!
snow report
rayscoops, You should of taken a pic for me ! & Afterthought - why are you looking through the womens clothing section Laughing

Swirly, well you are giant !
snow report
debbi, in fact you're shorter than my current board and thats pretty small.
ski holidays
Swirly, OK OK I'm a midget (or little person is the official term now ), no need to rub it in ! Evil or Very Mad Smile
ski holidays
debbi wrote:
rayscoops, You should of taken a pic for me ! & Afterthought - why are you looking through the womens clothing section Laughing

well the women's stuff looks better and usually has a better cut and line

http://www.snowandrock.com/pd5_100_100103_100103274_HEL_HEL0124WO10.htm

http://www.snowandrock.com/pd5_100_100103_100103274_SAL_SAL0396NN10.htm

Laughing
latest report
Quote:

Now if the Maxx did skis/snowboards...

........If they did we would all be skiing/snowboarding on 1 year old+ skis and boards based on, from what i see, TK'S do not do a great deal of present season stock-if any even on there clothing line.
A bargain is a bargain, fair enough but if they start doing hardwear this will send an already suffering industry to decline.
For the sake of skiing/snowboarding industry in the u.k let's hope they don't focus on hardwear as we will all walk around with sore feet, not have decent advice and hinder the development of the wintersports industry(IMO)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
le tits now is that an anglofrench chat up line???
latest report
mrtoastie, Laughing Laughing
latest report
Quote:

TK'S do not do a great deal of present season stock-if any even on there clothing line.

And most of the brands they sell (trespass etc) really have no technical qualities. The waterproof/breathability of this brand isn't really worth mentioning generally simply sitting on snow will be too much vapor created before water gets in and moisture from the body cannot be released.

In my opinion check the label before you buy and anything below 5000mm waterproofness and 5000mm breathability really will not do a great job if you are an active, out on the slopes all day skier.

I learnt from experience and found these guidelines useful as a minimum requirement.
ski holidays
debbi wrote:
Swirly, OK OK I'm a midget (or little person is the official term now ), no need to rub it in ! Evil or Very Mad Smile

Known collectively as "The Pixies" on snowHead often to be found in waist deep powder (sometimes from the waist down, other times from the waist up) but always with a smile (and usually a glass of something cold too).
ski holidays
debbi, i did take a pic on my phone but do not have the connection for it for my laptop. Girls stuff is much better Very Happy
snow conditions
debbi wrote:
Lizzard, Its because I am so small (5ft) that every season I ruin my trousers by them dragging on the floor. I normally try to buy sale pants to keep the cost down but they are calling me ! At £150 Shocked they are an extravance, so will be waiting to see if I get my bonus before I splash out.

Debbi, tell me about it, a member of the pixie set I know how you feel. I bought a North Face pair in LDA during the last PSB. The bottoms are already frayed. Linds bought some Schoffel pants (I think) in a shorter leg length, and she's a pixie too. IN another thinner life I used to get away with age 14 ones, but my bum is a bit more lardy these days.

Sad
snow report
Went in the Swindon T-maxx last Saturday and found a Berghaus Mera Peak XCR jacket for £99.99 and a Berghaus Paclite jacket for £70.
snow report
FenlandSkier, or face down in the powder after too many glasses of the cold stuff Laughing

Helen Beaumont, i hear you on the thinner life bit. If i could be bothered to waste my evenings in the gym i could get away with the kids stuff too ! Sad
ski holidays
rayscoops, browsing the womens section, taking photos of the clothes - bet you got some interesting looks.
Or did you do the ' its for my partner, knowing look' bit ?
snow conditions
debbi, me too.
ski holidays
debbi, I find they are a looser fit than mens trousers when wearing @rse padding, do not know why though wink
latest report
rayscoops, are you implying us females need a "Wide Load" fit? Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy