Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow in Canmore overnight

Poster: A snowHead
We have a fairly good dusting on roofs and trees around us at the moment. It was raining heavily yesterday evening, but obviously turned to snow overnight.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
solarfish, I think that we're all jealous enough already as it is Twisted Evil
How many bedrooms did you say that your place has... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
solarfish,

Sunshine got a good pasting snowHead

http://www.skibanff.com/conditions/webcams.php
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lake Louise

http://www.skilouise.com/conditions/mountain-cam.aspx
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks like it is snowing in sunshine right now snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Very sunny today but weather forecast has lower temperatures towards the end of the week with snow forecast for Friday. Unfortunately I am currently sitting in Calgary airport waiting for a flight to UK and NL where I will be no doubt spending an entire week devoid of either mountains or snow Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am in Netherlands at the moment, but quote from my wife in Canmore "snowing like crazy here".
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
solarfish,

Checkout the sunshine cam!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looks like snowmaking has started in Lake Louise. Bit more freshies in Sunshine too.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks like snow making has started in Lake Louise
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It snowed for over 12 hours in Canmore on Sunday, Sunshine got a good pasting and has over 40cm base now, but still not going to open for a couple of weeks as far as I know. Snow making did start in Lake Louise some time ago, they are still due to open on the 9th but it does say "weather permitting" on their site. Basically we have been drier and warmer than is normal for this time of year, but temperatures are definitely dropping, snow is forecast for this weekend so I'm sure I'll be giving a report of actual skiing conditions in the not too distant future.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
solarfish,

Excellent. Where do you usually ski?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
johnboy wrote:
solarfish,

Excellent. Where do you usually ski?

So far we have always been staying in Lake Louise and so always skied there. However now living in Canmore we will drive past Norquay and Sunshine to get to Lake Louise and my wife has now taken a job at Sunshine Very Happy So this year we will use all three resorts.

BTW, more sun and warm temperatures today, but snow still forecast for weekend. We have bought new kit and serviced existing kit and are just waiting now for the snow!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hola, just giving you the heads up, heading out to Banff for 3 months in January, i'll be the drunken scotsman with the kilt!!!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Rossfra8 wrote:
Hola, just giving you the heads up, heading out to Banff for 3 months in January, i'll be the drunken scotsman with the kilt!!!

Thanks for the heads up, I'll warn my kids to steer well clear when they are going to school wink

P.S. A kilt should be fun in Banff in Jan/Feb, I hope you are not planning on returning with much left intact after the temperature takes its toll Shocked
snow conditions
When i was 8 we were in Banff and there were 2 scotsman who were wearing kilts-true scotsmen at that-think im gonna go for the thermals but still should be a good laugh!!
snow report
solarfish, hi we are going to Banff in the new year, we are now just trying to decide what to buy before we arrive. What are the prices/costs of Merino base layers (Icebreaker or similar) or will we be able to find Berghaus X-static kit?

thanks in advance snowHead
snow report
cforcat, No idea sorry, there are plenty of ski and clothing shops in Banff but I don't know about those specific items and I haven't really been looking at any clothing this years, just skis, boards and boots!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy