Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow in Scotland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
from Auntie

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/7018182.stm
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmmm..

"Ski centres across the Highlands suffered one of their worst ever seasons last year. "

but some good pics of the recent snow on winterhighland

http://www.winterhighland.info/2006/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=380
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Interesting how a slightly different selection of words can give a completely different impression

From Kermit's link:
Quote:
A Met Office spokesman said: "Most of the winters in the last 10 years have been relatively mild, with last winter being the second warmest on record.

"We expect it to be noticeably colder than last year."
That suggests to me we are in for a real freeze-up.

But Met Office link on this thread (UK Metoffice winter forecast - Another mild winter) has a rather different slant:
Quote:
Another mild winter
This winter is forecast to be warmer than average. However, it is expected to be noticeably colder than last year, which was the second warmest winter since the UK climate series began in 1914.
Which has more the impression of another winter in shorts and t-shirt.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmm, not sure about shorts and t-shirt, it's only September and I'm *freezing* today Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
the picture in the beeb report is taken at the top of aonach mor (nevis range), looking into the back corries last season, not bad for one of the worst seasons ever eh?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/file.php?2,file=2554
http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/file.php?2,file=2555

today Shocked

I drove past several 3700+ft mountains today and didn't see any snow.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
LOL, that's Helen if I'm not mistaken - will this not be the 10th consecutive month she's managed to ski in the Cairngorms?

Were those mountains you drove past in the west though? Surely usually a bit warmer than the central and eastern highlands so that might account for the lack of snow?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
barry wrote:
the picture in the beeb report is taken at the top of aonach mor (nevis range), looking into the back corries last season, not bad for one of the worst seasons ever eh?

Nah, that'll have to be sometime in the last century - don't you know it never snows in Scotland these days and everyone should be in the highlands in shorts and tee shirts all year round Wink - it must be true, I read it in the papers
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
barry wrote:

Last year was the first year I had done any snow sports in Scotland even though im from Glasgow. I got up north about 6 times from December to march/April and there was plenty of snow each time I went up.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy