Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ITALY

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anybody travelled to Italy via Bergamo and skied in the surrounding areas, I think one of the resorts is called Foppolo? Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
michellecarl, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I've skied Foppolo for a week (flew into Milan Malpensa) and I know Ray Zorro has done it on a day trip from Bergamo.

Have a read of these, and then fire away with your questions Very Happy

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=561208

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=228958&highlight=foppolo#228958
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that, I have looked at the website before as we always fly into Bergamo on our way to Macugnaga. We thought it would be nice to try somewhere near to the airport maybe for a weekend break.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For a weekend, it would probably be an okay place. When I was there, snow conditions weren't great, which didn't help. (My friend who is s snowboarder had problems with some of the drag lifts, so if you board, it may not be the best place!)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
michellecarl, I've been twice. I liked it, a bit limiting on runs as it's only small but well worth a visit especially for a weekend. Transfer from Bergamo is easy and I thought prices were reasonable. Our kids learnt to ski there, the guy who took them was recommended by the hotel. Guiseppe couldn't speak a word of English but at the end of the week my lad was a mini version Shocked . It's small & friendly but don't expect to be partying into the early hours! We've stayed both times at Hotel Des Alpes, very friendly, basic but clean, food ok and the lift pass is usually included in the price. It's a few minutes walk to the main runs but if the snow is ok there is a drag lift across the road that allows access without the walk.

Kerry
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We are all skiers and I was just thinking of it for a weekend as the flights are cheap at the moment. I will have to keep checking the webcam to see if they have any snow. Do you know if the hotels are reasonably priced?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kerry,

What month did you go and did you arrange transfers from the UK? Can you give me any tips. We ususally organise all our own travel arrangements so would not be a problem if you point me in the right direction.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Agree with Elizabeth B, about the drags. The second visit my lad tried boarding for the first time and due to a couple of the drags it nearly put him off it for good.

It was a few years ago when we went so may have changed a bit but one thing that was good was through the week it was very quiet. Though it can get a bit busy at weekends as it's so close to Bergamo and Milan.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
michellecarl, the first time was February, conditions were very good. The second time I think was very early March, the first couple of days were ok but then it warmed up lots and the snow deteriorated rapidly. Because of its position I think if you get a southerly wind it can be affected greatly.

The first time we went was quite a few years ago and the hotel arranged a transfer pick-up, the second time we hired a car as we wanted to look around a bit. It's easy to drive, it's virtually one road up. We picked the hotel we did first time as they were the only ones that wrote back in English.

I personally think for a weekend trip with a short transfer it's worth going, IF your idea of apres ski is a quiet low key affair. Don't expect a big, french purpose built area.

The main website http://www.brembanaski.com/ingleseski/foppolo.html

Hotel website http://www.albergodesalpes.it/
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for all your advice. We like low key this should suit us down to the ground.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
michellecarl, I've just arranged a long weekend at Foppola in late February at Hotel Des Alpes. For 3 of us about £275 each (plus flights) for 4 nights half board inc 4 days ski pass and transfers from Bergamo.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy