Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Lifts and more snowmaking in the Portes du Soleil

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is from http://www.portesdusoleil.com/index.php?id_rubrique=27351&id_objet=4784722

Ski area investments
2007-2008

Avoriaz
- A new 6 seater high speed chairlift for Arare's black sector.
Total vertical climb : 700 metres
Hourly passenger flow : 2 650
Lenght : 2 000 metres
- "The Stash", a new generation of snowsports that is 100% natural !

Châtel
- The Cornebois Happy Park : A natural snowpark designed for intermediate and advanced riders will be set up in the steep undulating area that lies between Géant and the Tête du Linga.

La Chapelle d'Abondance
- A new 6 seater high speed chairlift will replace the old chairlift.
Total vertical climb : 400 metres
Hourly passenger flow : 2 000
- The Fontaines chairlift will be moved ans gain height : the bottom will be by the Crêt Béni restaurant at an altitude of 1 300 metres.

Les Gets
- 150 000 € invested on the production of artificial snow.

Morgins
- The Woopy Park ... Unique the whole world over !

Saint Jean d'Aulps
- The largest snow-cannon programme in France for 2007 !
A 32 000 m3lake, 26 cannons, 7 ventilators, 12 hectares of snow-covering, 6 months work on the Grande Terche slopes to guarantee snow cover for skiing back th the resort and the beginners'plateau.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowandtrek, Sounds interesting, Looking forward to the season. Cant visualise where the new 6 seater will be? Is it replacing "lac intrets"? or the Combe du Machon area?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've been watching the progress at St Jean d'Aulps with interest (obviously as this is where our apartment is!) and it all looks brilliant, great news for such a small resort! The progress can be seen on the www.stjeandaulps.com website with photos etc. I didn't know it was the biggest snow cannon programme in France! What a boost. Can't wait to see it all in action Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Que?

>> Morgins
>>- The Woopy Park ... Unique the whole world over !
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
"The Stash", a new generation of snowsports that is 100% natural!

The Woopy Park ... Unique the whole world over!

I have no idea what these are supposed to be, but they sure do sound awful.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Roy Hockley, It is As far as I know (not 100% accurate) replacing the old Come du Machon and the 2 man chair to the left of Combe du Machon. Both of which were very slow!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowandtrek, where are the start and finish - same as C d Machon? Very disappointing if it's replacing the Crot chair as it was always a great lift on a powder day - no-one used it as it was so slow and it pretty much took you from and to where you wanted to be. Starting where it starts and ending up above Arare will involve a very boring blue in a storm just to get to a decent powder stash. Looking at the map and taking the top of the Machon lift as around 2,400m, I would guess that the start would be just above the current Crot start. Unless it's starting the other side of that ridge.

Would be nice if they put those dotted lines on the lift map - although that may well be the curse of death to any project around the PDS!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy