Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Member - Hola!

Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

I just stumbled on to the site as I was researching skiing while pregnant and was directed here by google. It was/is a hot topic judging by the varied replied to that thread!

I have just found out my wife is due to have our first child and will be 19-20 weeks gone by the time we hit Obergurgl for our usual early Jan trip. We're going as a large group so after a few discussions we will be skiing with Mrs Obergurgler in a kind of body-guard protection ring to avoid any nutters wiping her and the bump out!

Looking forward to reading more about that and other things here.

Obergurgler.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
obergurgler, welcome to snowHeads. Good luck with the trip Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
obergurgler, congratulations! snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
obergurgler, Welcome to snowHead 's. Very Happy No personal experience of skiing while pregnant, but as a starter I'd say the half-pipes, and rails are probably best avoided, at least from week 36 onward. Very Happy

Can I get one of those body protection thingies too please - they sound like a good idea!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all, I am considering buying Mrs Obergurgler one of those padded 'sumo' suits so she can just barrel down the pistes with joyous abandon!

She would be classed in the first third of 'intermediate' having skied for about 7 weeks in all but is not particularly confident. She adored long cruisy blues and the gentler reds. I started skiing when I was 3 thanks to our Austrian au-pair at the time. I am pretty confident I guess and will ski most things on the mountain. Looks like I'll be on body-guard duty in Obergurgl this Jan though!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Burn the new member .... he is a warlock ....evil
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Plectrum Easy mistake to make that, but I am, actually, a wizard-druid hybrid. We look similar to warlocks but we wash occasionally, ski and turn our enemies into sugar rather than salt.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
obergurgler, Welcome to snowHead and congratulations to you and your wife Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Congratulations obergurgler. It's a very wonderful but quite mad time. Just had our first (now 2 months old) and now starting to plot how I can swing a ski trip this year.

Hope it goes well....one thing you'll hear over the next 9 months is "all women are different" in response to any pregnancy question you ask. (It then becomes "all babies are different"). But 19-20 weeks may be OK for your wife. My wife was too sick to do anything for the first 14 weeks, then felt really good with 100% energy until a gradual slowdown and increased discomfort from about 24 weeks. However she had a monster bump, and looked full term from around 20 weeks, there's no way she would have had the balance to ski, even stairs were difficult.

One thing to think about with your midwife would be to get the 20 week scan done before your trip, hopefully getting an A1 result and the reassurance to relax on holiday.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jimi, thanks for that, sage advice. I will get the 20 wk scan done just before then, will give a modicum of reassurance I am sure.

Your comment has just made me realise that she will actually 'look' pregnant when we go - crikey.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
obergurgler,

Welcome to Snowheads, and congratulations!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
obergurgler, welcome to this mad site and congratulations. I skied whilst pregnant twice (once only just and didnt know) and then in early stages. Mouth junior born last December and already spent 7 weeks in Alps. Best thing that ever happened to me (us). See how Mrs obergurgler, feels and if she feels ok then go do it but listen to your body and avoid the park!!

Keeping fit is best thing you can do when pregnant - I continued 5 gym sessions a week including spinning up to 37 weeks.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
obergurgler,

Welcome, if memroy serves me right we skied in Italy when wife was 8-10 weeks with No1 Confused , mind you that was 10 years and 3 kids ago. Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
obergurgler wrote:

I was researching skiing while pregnant and was directed here by google.

Yikes...I thought is was you sitting at a computer researching skiing to pass the time whilst pregnant! Good job I read on....welcome to snowheads and congratulations to you & Mrs obergurgler.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks all, I'll get Mrs Obergurgler to register soon so she can while away those long pregnant days with something to amuse her!
ski holidays
Hola obergurgler, welcome to snowHeads and congratulations to you both. There are lots of people who think it's totally outrageous to consider skiing when pregnant - see previous thread. I did it with both my sons, at around 12 weeks and again at 20-25. Maybe that's why they're both addicted to skiing Laughing

If Mrs obergurgler feels fit and well and confident enough to ski, good luck to her. A baby is pretty well protected inside all that padding. Early January is a quietish time, so the biggest danger of other skiers is lessened. As long as it's not your body-guard protection ring that wipes her out Laughing
latest report
obergurgler, I hope you now feel well and trully welcome.
If you want even more reading there have actually been at least Five threads on skiing and pregnancy
RachelQ links to Pregnant skiing from 2004.

Other threads include:
Skiing while pregnant 2006 version
Skiing while pregnant 2005 version
Skiing next week and my partner is pregnant from 2005
Skiing when pregnant 2004 version
ski holidays
obergurgler, Welcome to snowHead love the name, it will suit the new one nicely. At 20 weeks she may not feel like skiing all day. I ski with a great big fat lump on the front and it sure tires me out Very Happy
latest report
heh, I have an enormous 'bump' too but mine is down to delicious beer and curry. Will absorb myself in the various preg-ski-debates and see.

I can tell you right now shes going to be pretty darn upset about the no suana rule (I only just read that - had no idea!)
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
obergurgler, Congratulations to you & Mrsobergurgler, snowHead

She might just find her centre of balance has altered a bit - so do some core stability exercises before she goes. Have a great holiday snowHead
latest report
obergurgler, (indeed a lovely name) Welcome and congratulations!
snow report
obergurgler, are you going to be able to find a ski jacket with big enough girth? It'll be all flappy up at the top! Smile
snow report
obergurgler, Welcome - Mrs Obergurgler will be fine and the bump too - a bit of sensible conservative exercise never hurt a pregnant woman - I rode horses!! Congratualtions on your impending event
latest report
obergurgler, Welcome to snowheads snowHead

snowHead
snow conditions
obergurgler, Another welcome to snowheads snowHead

Ahh takes me back, all those (few) months ago, the above threads have all had a thoroughly good read by me and Libby - all sorts of advice! (Take what you will!)

Soon you will be on the 'driving to the alps with a baby' thread, and the 'how young can i start them skiing' thread!
snowHead
ski holidays
Quote:

Soon you will be on the 'driving to the alps with a baby' thread, and the 'how young can i start them skiing' thread!

Easy - best way to travel

There answered that for you!

PS have 3 kids
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy