Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI Level 1 Coach / APM

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know we've discussed this elsewhere, but couldn't find which thread it was on, sorry!

I booked on the APM about a month ago, and following Skimottaret's spot on the BASI website about you now needing the BASI Level 1 Coach for the ISIA, and not trusting my BASI source who reassured me (sorry, Anonymous, ha ha!) I emailed BACE (who run the courses) to clarify that the course I'd booked on is the one I need. This was the response:

"I can confirm that all BACE courses will now be the coaching course which have replaced the old APM in ‘name’ though much of the content will remain. The principal difference is that we have teamed up with the Canadian coaching scheme (the folks behind the old APC) to try and offer a one stop shop for all coaching needs in the UK.

An added benefit of this new revised course is that not only will passing this course count towards your ISIA, but it will also now be the first level coach award for race coaching in the UK, and through the joint accreditation with the Canadians it will be recognised in Canada and the USA offering club coaching job opportunities out there as well.

All this whilst retaining much of the content of the old APM which was a big hit with candidates, with the added benefit of another qualification at the end of it all."

So get it booked, Skimottaret!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
beanie1, when & where are you doing the course? I'd be interested in course content and what you think of it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Saas Grund, 3 March 08.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
beanie1, Im all booked up, how bought you wink just need to get flights sorted. I sent an email to BASI and never even got a reply regarding the same subject Evil or Very Mad . They STILL have the dates wrong on their website...

rob@rar, I am hoping to get some detailed idea on the course content from a mate who took it last year when it was the APM. will let everyone know when i have more details... He did say it was basically 20 drills and if you can do them all competently you will pass. several grade 2 tech's failed ... he made it but was very good, much better than me.....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy