Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

trip to andorra

Poster: A snowHead
changed my mind again as flights to Italy were not the best anyone know any places to stay in Soldeu

thanks

j snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 24-09-07 11:34; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
8km
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
about 5 to 10 mins in car to centre of Cham
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
changed mind again on where to go Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jase2472, HI - we stayed in Hotel Euro Esqui in El Tarter (just on edge of Soldeau) a couple of years ago. Hotel is very nice, clean, comfy, lots of hot water, indoor pool, sauna etc., plus large lounge and bar area. The hotel runs a very efficient mini bus shuttle to the lifts - 2 buses, running every 10 mins or so and it's a 2 minute drive to the base of the lifts/gondola. We did get a good late deal with a TO for early Feb, so not sure what full prices would be. There are a couple of bars nearby too, but it's not a party town
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Try www.skionandorra.com they are very helpful.

We've stayed in most of the hotels in town - I'd say the Naudi is probably best value for money as it's not too expensive, food's good & it's close to slopes/bars/late night take away!! If money not so much of an issue then I'd go for the Himalaia (altho' don't think Ski on do this) as it's almost opposite the Gondola. If you want real flash then Sport Village is a must.

We've used shuttle direct (www.shuttledirect.com) for transfers from both Toulouse & Barcelona - very good drivers in Mercs - journey takes around 2 1/2 hours depending on traffic - a good time to catch up on some sleep!!!

Happy hour - The Iceberg
Later on - Aspen, Fat Alberts, Pussy Cat & Avalanche

Enjoy!!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
booked £45 flights double room b& B 4 nights £110 not bad for a little break just hope there is snow this year anyone else whats to jump on board let me know i will pm the details

jase snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not stayed in Soldeu yes
I can recommend places in Pas or Arinsal though if your interested.....?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Would be interested in the details - cheers!!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
For a good cheap hotel in Pas
Hotel Parma
Stayed in hotel parma the first time I went to pas. Not to bad but cheap.

Hotel Magic
a good hotel that costs a little more (and you get what you pay for)
I havent stayed here but last time we went myself and friends arranged to meet another 2 friends from up north in pas, they were staying here. we hung out here alot and it was a great hotel with swiming pool and sauna.

For Cheap appartments in pas
Manzano
(again there cheap, and you get what you pay for.) these are situated at the top of town. they are only a minute walk to the slopes but about 10 minutes walk to the resort centre.

Good hotels in Arinsal
PATAGONIA
pretty lush studio rooms. can sleep four in comnfort. we went as a group of 7 and had 2 adjacent rooms. there is a door between the rooms to join the 2 rooms. its a 10 minute walk into town but has everything you might want next to it, pretty cool bar opposite but far enough away that you cant hear the bar, and a nice restaurant up that end. it even has its own chair lift! and snow permitting you can ski to the door.

Hotel princesa parc
Really nice place. well located. close to the main gondola (about 1 minute) has its own bar, very popular bar, if you are above the second floor you cant hear the bar noise. Also has swimming pool, jacuzzi and is close to all the shops. its more or less smack in the middle of town.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
L'Ermita is the hotel i havce booked in canillo hope its ok well its just a bed for the night
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just found your original post, if you were planning on ski-ing Grand Montetes then you might just be a little dissapointed with Grandvalira Smile although there is some good skiing to be had. I presume you will have a hire car or the hotel provides a bus service as it seems to be quite a bit out of the centre. (BTW there is a monestry almost next door Toofy Grin) When are you going to be there? I intend to be there (Soldeu) after the crowds have gone 6th (Kings)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
we will be there 14-18 jan got a hire car to take us into soldeu or catch the bus thats operates
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jase2472, I'll PM you my phone number if you fancy a meetup?
ps. I don't do discos anymore (well I don't think so Toofy Grin )
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi 5th Year in Andorra, we always stay at the Sport Hotel HB 4* ... Brill location.

I have two slots available for either 27th Jan or 3rd Feb 2008....We do two weeks but some only go for a week.
Cost £747 all in per week, inc ski Hire, Full Lift Pass, Lessons if needed, Flying from Manchester.

contact me on compmail@btinternet.com for more info
snow report
Bobby, Is this a club outing? What kind of numbers in the group are you talking about?
snow report
I wouldnt pay £747 for andorra. seems expensive...?
snow conditions
Neil, Don't go then!
ski holidays
Smile fair comment. I wont! NehNeh
I wasnt having a go, thought i might have mis understood something and someone but reply "its because......" etc

Ive been Arinsal twice, pas twice and soldeiu once. never paid anything like near that
latest report
Neil, Didn't mean to offend but
Quote:

inc ski Hire, Full Lift Pass, Lessons if needed, Flying from Manchester
by the time you subtract all that from the cost it becomes more reasonable, do you not think? Puzzled
BTW none of it applies to me as I already have accom and pass sorted and do my own thing.
snow report
Roy Hockley, Hi Roy it is two couples, me & three friends. Anyone that books on the trip does their own thing, we meet for a beer maybe, very relaxed. I have had large numbers but 10 is a good easy number to manage.
latest report
Sport hotel is very well located (the gondola is part of the hotel!) and very nice. It's not the cheapest holiday I've seen but it's not outrageously expensive
snow report
just had a look on the Andorra webcams got a dump down last night Little Angel Little Angel snowHead
snow report
jase2472, Mostly gone by now at village level, but just to make you feel better, see view of my balcony below and note the date. wink
latest report
I would second the Sport Hotel (not the village) same rooms, food etc but about £120 a week cheaper if you shop around. Excellent location etc makes me want to go back but after 5 consecutive years we are heading to Austria this year.
ski holidays
Arinsal hotels
Montane - alright hotel, sh*t food if on their HB. especially if using a UKTO package.
Princesa Parc - chaos at dinner and a bit noisy. Otherwise okay

But frankly can't recommend either of these.

Pal has some nice runs but bus to la massana can be erretic. Its okay if there is enough snow to use the cable car from the top of arinsal.
Arcalis is the best of the lot, but is a reasonable taxi ride.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy