Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Ten feet of fresh snow in a single night"?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Far-fetched journalism is always fun, and when a writer says "head to Lake Tahoe...where it is not uncommon to have ten feet of fresh snow in a single night" one's tempted to do a bit of maths.

Ten feet of snow is the rough equivalent of 12 inches of rain. Call me unfair, but I'd bet my boots that ten feet of snow in a single night is very uncommon indeed...if not unheard of. Does anyone feel like looking up a rain/snow record for Lake Tahoe?

The claim is made in Forbes.com, by Christina Valhouli, who also estimates the cost of six nights' skiing for a family of four at $9610 "and that's not even counting the airfare". How the rich live!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mammoth has just had 51" of snow and it is still falling

What is that in real money? About four and a half feet?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
12 inches of rain in 24 hours is not unheard of, but it's normally associated major hurricanes or typhoons. Although I'm no expert I would have thought that 12 inches of rain (or it's equivalent amount of snow) would be impossible from even the most severe cold front passing through an Alpine region.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Imagine skiing straight out of the window of a 2nd floor apartment. Sounds good to me! A bit unlikely though, even Manchester doesn't get 12 inches of rain a night.
Perhaps the $9610 pays for an army of snow making droids.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

...........now where's that credit card Wink snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The claim would seem to be an exaggeration, if you believe this:

Biggest daily snowfall: Silver Lake, Colorado, with an amazing 74 inches or 1.8 metres. in April 1921.

from onlineweather.com
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Here's another exquisite quote from the Forbes "Home page for the world's business leaders" article:
Quote:
"Eating gourmet food--and plenty of it--is also essential, for sheer enjoyment and replacing all the calories lost during the day."

That's assuming that a 'Forbes skier' doesn't spend all day in gourmet mountain restaurants, of course.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I thought the author of the Forbes article was rather poor by the average standard.

$9610 includes $5776 equipment cost (skis, gloves, boots, clothing and goggles) leaving only $958.5 or about £550 per head a week including accommodation, food and ski passes. No wonder they can't afford European resorts.

After David Goldsmith describing them "how rich live!" I suddenly feel superior and rich. So David please keep up with the good work and never mind how deep snow is.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was in Telluride 1992 . The year of the Major Dump 58" in one night . First & only time I have ever stood in a liftline there (till 11am). The North Face Trails were Avalanching and Patrol guys had to do there work, like make 1st tracks Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jef Wickes has seen an overnight 13ft dump in Chatel.
I believe this is true, but WTFH will confirm whether it is or not.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
NKOB (sic) Chatel is lucky to get 13ft of snow in a season and Jef by his own admission had been drinking in a local hostelry.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
...........found the credit card................anyone going to lend me a snorkle Puzzled
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
David@traxvax,
Isn't it true then?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
NKOB (sic) I'll let you draw your own conclusions.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy