Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton Accom

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks,

Thinking of taking a Ryanair flight to Friedrichshafen and heading down to St Anton 1st week in Jan '08. Was looking at going Thursday to Thursday (3-10) but do I have much hope of getting accommodation outside of the standard Saturday to Saturday? Looking for something either self catering or catered which is fairly cheap and cheerful, fairly close to the slopes for a group between 4 and 6! Any advice on where I might find such accom would be much appreciated or failing the mid week option, a few suggestion on where to look for accommodation in St Anton in general would be great.

Many Thanks,

John

(An Irish man living in Australia but hoping to ski in Austria after Christmas!) wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lavaghman, For accommodation in St Anton go to http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/winter/ type in your dates and numbers and see what's available.

You may struggle Thur - Thur unless it's a late booking and they want to fill rooms.

If you can manage Sat - Sat I would recommend Nigg Talhoff. It's a little B&B right in the centre of town at the end of the pedestrianised main street. Very reasonable, very comfortable, very friendly. Bars, restaurants, shops very accessible, including Pub 37 downstairs! It's a very quiet bar, noise not an issue!

5 mins walk to lifts in the morning.

A group of 4 of us stayed there last January. Couldn't ask for anything more for the price really which I think from memory was €35ish per night.

Hope this helps...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
edit

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 23-09-07 10:01; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
tequilaslammer, just looked back to last year's details. We paid €532 for a double room, B&B for a week in January.

From memory I think there were some cheaper options if you're prepared to be a bit further from the bright lights.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
edit

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 23-09-07 10:01; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thursday to Thursday is likely to be difficult, as most places are Saturday to Saturday, and generally will not accept an odd booking until just before the dates. Sometimes people do have to leave early, so you might score a Thurs/Fri night somewhere. For the rest, well you may have to take the full week, leave early, thus giving up 2 nights accom.

Best bet - start emailing a bunch of places and see if you get any takers.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi there, I was there second week in March, party of 4, and had emailed all the hotels on the tourist board site for a long wekend Fri/Sat & Sunday nights. Done it in early Feb and nothing. Then two weeks later and nothing. All said Sat to Sat only or email week before for any cancellations. Week before I emailed and could only get a 2 room apartment in the Sport Hotel, which I must say was very nice, for ... room rate of EUR 489,-- per night incl breakfast. We were pretty stunned by the lack of available accommodation but the resort is very popular and the lady that ran the Sport Hotel said they are always booked out until mid-March no problem. She did mention that there are places outside to stay down the train line a stop or two, but cannot help on there names. So I think you may find it quite hard to get something there unless you leave it to last minute. Good luck.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lavaghman wrote:
Hi folks,

Thinking of taking a Ryanair flight to Friedrichshafen and heading down to St Anton 1st week in Jan '08. Was looking at going Thursday to Thursday (3-10) but do I have much hope of getting accommodation outside of the standard Saturday to Saturday? Looking for something either self catering or catered which is fairly cheap and cheerful, fairly close to the slopes for a group between 4 and 6! Any advice on where I might find such accom would be much appreciated or failing the mid week option, a few suggestion on where to look for accommodation in St Anton in general would be great.

Many Thanks,

John

(An Irish man living in Australia but hoping to ski in Austria after Christmas!) wink

St Anton normally wil only work on Sat to Sat. The 1st week of Jan 2008 is still high season.

They like to book whole weeks . Sat to Sat. Booking Thursday to Thursday the owners will efectivley loose 6 days of revenue.

Best thing to do is offer to book the full two weeks or stay out of town (down valley where you shouldnt have a problem.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy