Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Dolphins were Monkies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok, A spot of speculation, but having spent alot of time rescenty trawling the Net for a Phillipino bride, if found out that the No1 Sport/Pastime for you ladies is Swimming. The biggest problem i have with fitting ladies in ski boots is the calf and achillies area. Many ladies wearing high heels will contribute to a shortening/tightening of the achillies and it's attatchment to the calf. I've thought about the effects of swimming on this area, and whilst is see the sport as a great way of keeping fit and toning all muscle groups i can see, crawl/back stroke type exercise contributing to the problem. This is due to the continued Plantar flexed position of the lower leg, i see this being less of a problem with breast stroke due to the broader range of motion of the lower leg. Anyone better qualified, more experience to confirm/deny this?

Awaiting, Breast stroke/range of motion gags, Steve.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Achilles attachment to the Calf?
Interesting to learn of Achillies' attatchment to the calf though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER, At last! something I can speak about with a bit of authority. Way, way, way back I used to swim a lot, like every morning, every evening, compete on Saturday and land training on Sunday. I can truthfully say I never had any achillies trouble ever and neither to my knowledge did any of my teammates. We did a lot of flexibilty work so maybe that helped but it was never an issue. I never got the hang of wearing high heels though.... lifes too short for sore feet wink
I suppose you don't spend as much time with the feet in the plantarflexion when your swimming as you do when your wearing high heels all day. i would guess most people would swim for about an hour but if you wear heels to work your in them all day. As the tendon tightens it starts getting a bit uncomfortable to kick them off and walk about barefoot when you get home so you start wearing them more and more.
The feet are meant to be more in a sort of equinovarus position rather than straight plantarflexion when your swimming any stroke other than breaststroke. Don't know what difference that would make 'cos I'm really getting above myself know! Very Happy

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 19-09-07 13:58; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 brian
brian
I don't know nothing about anything with any sort of authority but the dophins' closest non-marine relatives are hippos !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_cetaceans

btw, not drawing any parallels between lady skiers (esp lady snowHead s ) and hippos, life's too precious. wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hippos, ah that takes me back Laughing .

"Twenty-two minutes late, escaped puma, Chessington North."

Great....

....sooper!

How's your MIL today, brian?
snow report
 brian
brian
GrahamN, I didn't get where I am today by answering questions about my MIL !
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy