Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beginners guide to the snowpark (on skis)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody ever seen/have a link to/fancy writing a beginners guide to the various bits of a snowpark?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A cute angina. You certainly sound cute - angina is such a pretty surname. Whoever writes this guide (and I'm not offering) should pay homage to the origins of artificial skate and surf terrain in the Venice / Santa Monica area of Los Angeles, brilliantly documented in the movie 'Dogtown and the Z Boys'.

It all started there. Essentially a guide like this should be written by those who have the passion to ride and create snowparks or (if they can't string two words together), someone who can ghost write for them.

Is this a commercial publication you're proposing?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
>>Is this a commercial publication you're proposing?

No - I'm off to 3Vs in February & fancy giving the park a try this year (having bottled out for the last few). It'd just be nice to have some sort of a clue as to what to expect.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
acute_angina, in that case you might find this interesting:

snowparknz.com It's about the facilities on New Zealand's main snowpark, and makes quite good background reading, even if it's not quite what you're looking for. Have fun!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rails - don't.

Pipes - watch out for gradient along the pipe, in case you find yourself going faster and higher than intended. Falls hurt 'cos they're virtually ice.

Jumps - have a look before trying and get somebody to spot for you i.e. check there's nobody lying in your landing zone in a heap. Start small, be positive on take off and keep your arms forward and away from your body to help maintain good stance. Really flex to absorb the landing and try not to tense up.

Avoid early morning when can be very icy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
1/2pipes on skis - very limited experience (MK!) but to turn, start turn as normal then twist body, lifting skis off pipe as you do so. Will make you pivot in air and face back down the pipe. Aim for near-crouching position at turn centre to bring centre of gravity nearer to wall of pipe, thus reducing likelyhood to overbalance.

Conventional ski turns seem to make you fall off. This hurts.

Ok, have only tried it a few times, but this worked for me (only fell off once!). However, Dolphingirl seemed to think I was getting pretty high up on the walls of the pipe - and as was also managing to get back down the pipe too, must be something in it !

Happy to be given a more 'correct' alternative - I simply copied what the better boarders were doing.

Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy