Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jonathan Brough Benefit Evening - Gloucester 18 October

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is the first thread I have started and it is unlikely that I will ever find a more difficult topic, so let's make it a constructive one.

Jonathan Brough used to ski with the clubs based at Gloucester Ski and Snowboard Centre. He was a thoroughly nice young man and universally liked. Last winter he took a gap year course in Canada to gain a CSIA qualification before going on to university.

Unfortunately, while he was in Canada he contracted meningitis and, as a result of a rare complication, is paralysed from the neck down. He spent the winter and spring in the intensive care ward at Gloucester Royal Infirmary and is now in Salisbury undergoing rehab, but remains paralysed, although he has his full mental faculties. I cannot imagine how he must feel.

Clearly, when he finishes rehab he will continue to require considerable support and a vast array of equipment to keep him going.

The ski clubs based at Gloucester, together with the support of the Gloucester Ski Centre and others, are organising a Benefit Evening on Thursday 18 October from 6.30 pm to 9.30 pm.

This must be an opportunity for all SnowHeads to show their support for a fellow skier.

The evening will be based around a racing format (which will probably depend on the number of entries) but the course won't be very challenging because even I will be taking part!

The flyer in my email runs along the following lines:

Racing open to all (subject to minimum standard)
All ages and abilities welcome
Entry includes use of both slopes
BBQ from £2.00
Raffle:
1st prize - weekend break for two at a Ramada hotel (worth about £400)
2nd prize - set of luggage from Ski Bartlett
plus many others

Elan ski test - try the latest 2008 models.

All this for a £10 entry fee

To reserve your place send a £10 cheque payable to Gloucester Ski Club to
Debbie Manns
4 Waterloo Way
Bredon
GL20 7NA

remember to include your name, date of birth, address and ski club if any

All proceeds to the Jonathan Brough Equipment appeal.

I encourage anyone who has ever raced on a dry slope, or even thought about it, to come along and swell the proceeds. I dare say there are other ways of contributing without participating, although I don't know of the arrangements - I only try to ski and don't organise. Anyone who has any suggestions could always PM me.

Perhaps I should say that, other than meeting him at Gloucester and visiting him a couple of times in hospital, I have no other connection with Jonathan.

Thanks guys
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Derek Jackson, gosh - that's a tough story, how awful for him Sad

Really nice to see the ski clubs getting together to try to help him though.

Is there a Justgiving page, so people could just donate to his cause if they wished to?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cathy, I've not heard of this. His parents have played everything very low key so far.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy