Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Some Photos Of Le Derby / Yippee Plan Bois Really Is No Longer!!

Poster: A snowHead
Will be of interest to those that ski Les Arcs and to those that ski La Plagne you should ski Les Arcs wink Laughing

Saw these elsewhere.

http://www.r-montagne.fr/album/thumbnails.php?album=108

and if you scroll down this thread and the following page

http://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?s=d2387cd4c07add33f07f9a5cf0fc0a32&showtopic=2700&st=0&p=41010&#entry41010

oh and the removal of Plan Bois(scroll down)

http://thermique74.nuxit.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=811&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gwaelod, ... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gwaelod, Apparently the old Plan Bois lift is going to be resited next year in Plan Peisey - beyond the TSD Peisey, near Shiva bar.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
geri wrote:
gwaelod, Apparently the old Plan Bois lift is going to be resited next year in Plan Peisey - beyond the TSD Peisey, near Shiva bar.

That's interesting. I'd heard that it might be reinstalled but could quite work out where. Do you know which direction it would run; which pistes it will serve?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, Only that it'll go up the hill wink

Seriously though, I think it will serve Coombe & open up that end of the resort more. I'm not sure how high it will go. There is a hotel due to be built near there too, so it would take the pressure of TSD Peisey.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
geri, thanks. It would be good if it served Coombe - as you say, opening up that area would be a nice addition, especially when the weather was bad and staying below the tree line was the order of the day.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
geri wrote:
rob@rar, Only that it'll go up the hill wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?s=01834706599ecb67e1d9068896e32b87&showtopic=2700&st=20

For saddoos Madeye-Smiley

Last post on the bottom of the linked thread you can now download a little film of some of le Derby being built. Blush
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
gwaelod, Looked for the saddoos bit but could only find some really interesting stuf, oh,..............I'll get me anorak Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
that's a result, had to be one of the most bottleneck lifts around one of my fave spots on the mountain..just great for an hour or so with a mixed abillity group, some can take the reds, some can take the blues and some can take the black (when it's open), plus if your heading back to 1800 from vallandry on a board and want to miss that dreadful cat track from the bottom of this lift round to the main run above 1800 (edge of charmetoger IIRC) then it's pretty much and obligatory lift..
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?s=01834706599ecb67e1d9068896e32b87&showtopic=2700&st=20

If you scroll down to the bottom of the thread linked some new photos up of the completed Le Derby. Just the chairs to get on and tested now snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
gwaelod, thanks. I was planning to drive to the lift yesterday ad take some photos but in the end just ran out of time. I'll post a couple of photos of Arc 1800 later, as the webcams aren't turned on Wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar wrote:
I'll post a couple of photos of Arc 1800 later, as the webcams aren't turned on Wink

Now you are both teasing and taking the p*ss in one sentence snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, Laughing Working from home again! wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Some phots over on RG's site Laughing

http://thermique74.nuxit.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=20606#20606
ski holidays
Same thread as linked in the post above but for the geeks someone has posted more photos Blush snowHead
latest report
When is this actually opening? All the lift maps still show old lift
snow conditions
Boris, Its in the exact same spot as the old Plan Bois lift, just been made bigger and a lot, lot faster so I suppose many old maps are still relevant? It is open. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy