Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Video camera

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a good video camera for use on the mountain, presumably it needs to be small and light with a long battery life, plus robust. Oh yes and not too expensive. Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There have ben a few threads on this..so you can use the search facilty.

The consensus seems to be Mini Dv as the most robust proven over time...but again the threads will help.

I use a Sony HC44 which is very good for me. The only complaint I might have is that the zoom at x10 is a bit limiting.
Easy to download via tape or card and easy to take stills of a video. Good image playback. Long batery life ( I have never run out of charge on the hill if the battery is charged up the night before ) and the size of your hand.

If I were buying this season, I would look at HD cams onto Mini DV as these are worth the better picture, IMV and I would get as many Mg pixels as I could for stills. Other considerations are do you want to run an external lense for helmet cams..?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
One aspect you might wish to be aware of.
If you hope/plan to use a helmet-cam at somepoint, the camcorder will need an "Analogue A/V input".
Very few models have these so it rules out loads and makes the choice easier Wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy