Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort Buses from Moutiers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi hope someone can help

In past years I have had several trips to Valmorel with Tour Ops. This as generally resulted in several call offs / drop offs at Moutiers.

During these fleeting visits I'm sure I've seen FREE BUS SERVICES to all the nearby resorts Inc Valmorel.

To all you experienced travellers out there is it my mind playing tricks or do resorts run Free bus services to their respective resorts.

I am thinking of taking the snow train to Moutiers in January next year and I then need to get to my chosen resort.

When I have looked at pre booking transfers these still tend to be quite expensive.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Super Eagle, I don't think there are any free buses from Moutiers to the resorts. I have only been through Moutiers once, travelling independently, but I certainly paid.... And I know the buses from Albertville to resorts charge, and fairly heavily too. Maybe they had signs saying there were places "libre" but that means available, not free (which is "gratuit"). Transfers are always a bit expensive, but you probably get there quicker than on a tour operator who goes to Paradise by way of Kensal Green.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Super Eagle, check with the tourist office of the resort you are going too as pam w says I don't think they are free of charge either Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They're not usually free, but a a bus is far cheaper (if slower) than a taxi. If you take the train all the way up the Tarentaise to Bourg St Maurice for instance, most of them are run by these people

http://www.autocars-martin.com/

and you can check timetables and prices there, e.g., BSM - Tignes Val Claret is 25.4 euros return

http://www.satobus.com/ does transfers from lyon

and http://www.altibus.com/ serves moutiers snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have used a bus from Moutiers to get to Pralognan and then back again a week later.

It is cheap and efficient. Buses are all lined up outside the station. You can buy a ticket when you turn up.

Bus went via Brides Les Bains. I do not know about specific buses to Valmorel.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Super Eagle, as you have already been told you will not get a free bus from Moutiers. I have mentioned www.3vt.co.uk in previous posts, but I know they will do transfers from Moutiers to 3 Valleys resorts. They are 1 of a growing number of minibus operators, and I am sure some of the others would help. You need a certain number to make it cost effective but you would end up at the door of your accommodation - beats lugging all your equipment through the resort.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some topend fivestar hotels may have a free bus service, but for 99% of the time you will have to pay.

Altibus is the most common.

Alternatively, you can ask one of the TO reps for a ride up on their bus in exchange for, say, a tenner cashinhand.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i have taken the bus from moutier train station several times and it is cheap and reliable. generally around every half hour, if there is only one or two passengers it is a lot cheaper than taxis.

if you go to my site under travel i have timetable to meribel...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Everyone

My main concern is that although I can get buses to Valmorel when I have checked prices via satobus and altibus prices have still been quite expensive in relation to the journey time.

I know the cost of the train fare and the cost of accomodation. My only unknown cost is transport from Mourtiers to Valmorel.

Maybe its just me being a skinflint but even 70 euros each from Chambery to Valmorel seems expensive in relation to how many people would be on the bus.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy