Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Train from Zurich to Ischgl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm flying into Zurich in mid-March and wanted to catch a train from the airport to Landeck and bus to Ischgl. Does anyone know if this is a reasonable mode of travel?

Many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've not done that route before but have done Zurich to Flims/Laxx a couple of years ago. It was a doddle and such an easy way to travel. Trains and bus booked online. Tells you what platforms as well to find your train. Huge double decker trains and if you go upstairs there are sofa areas for you all to sit around if you're with a group. Very clean, very efficient. Trains also have buffet/bar areas so you can get some food which is ok.................and beer which is well We had a short walk to pick up the bus, again very clean and efficient, again booked on line. Don't think it was that expensive either. I can't remember the websites used to book but i'm pretty sure it was through the Swiss national tourist information site.

If you PM eng_ch - he's got an apartment in LAXX and I'm sure can be much more help than me.

I'm still amazed at what a nice airport Zurich was as well!!! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ctwalker,
I planned the same journey myself quite a few years back and it seemed quite possible then, we actually ended up getting met at Landeck station by family as it was a reunion and others were hiring a car. You need to change at Zurich from Zurich airport.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ctwalker, you can get a direct train from Zürich to Landeck and then take the bus from Landeck to Ischgl. The train takes about three hours. Looking at the bus timetable it seems to take about 50 minutes from landeck to Ischgl ( see http://www.galtuer.com/winter/userfiles/PDF/Landeck-Galt%FCr_retour.pdf )
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
many thanks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dan wrote:
If you PM eng_ch - he's got an apartment in LAXX and I'm sure can be much more help than me.

She Wink (Although I suppose Rutschen owns half of it too Laughing)

Dan's pretty much summed it up - always catches me out in the UK now when trains don't turn up when they're supposed to rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Its easy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

always catches me out in the UK now when trains don't turn up when they're supposed to

That's very annoying indeed.

At least here in the land of US of A, they stop running (most) passenger trains so we're spared the disappointment! Wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
eng_ch, Embarassed sorry..............what's that phrase about assuming and ass..........DOH
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dan, hehe, I might forgive you - this time Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy