Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Nov/Dec

Poster: A snowHead
What is Tignes like traditionally at that time of year?

Gonna book the Atomic boot camp thingy but just wnated to know what to expect - will it be purely glacier stuff or will there be some snow about for messing around in?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Specialman,

Which camp are you thinking about?

Tignes opens for the winter season on the 29th SEPTEMBER 2007 & the Espace Killy area opens on the 1st DECEMBER 2007 Blush

Quote:
will it be purely glacier stuff or will there be some snow about for messing around in?

I would expect SNOW on the glacier and hopefully enough cover to ski down to Val Claret (could be a few stones about though) Puzzled

Last season we had loads of POWDER at the end of Nov/beginning of Dec Blush Blush
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would leave it until the last minute.

I was at Val d'Isere for opening weekend last winter (24th or 25th November) and it was rubbish.

Tignes wasn't much better with very limited skiing on th glacier (too many race camps) and rocky as hell down to the bottom of the funicular. Bases were shot.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mike Pow, the boot camp thingy is a subsidised cheap trip, I think it is either that or not go !!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Espace Killy area opens on the 1st DECEMBER 2007

Great as we arrive for the Boot camp on 2nd Dec!! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
marmalade, might have to leave it until the last week of the offer, more snow and the EK area is open. Still, £99 for three days is pretty good ain't it?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think your accomodation is in Boisses. At that time of year there are 3 buses to le Lac a day. Be warned!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Had an argument with the missus this morning. She was all "you never think about me" and all that, so let it slip about arranging the trip to Tignes. She's now like, "sod doing three days on a glacier, lets do a week"!! Result Very Happy

Think we may try and go to somewhere like LDA, La Plagne or Serre Che instead but later into December.

Bring it on... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pre-opening there's not a lot of terrain available for free skiing. Lots of the Grand Motte glacier is taken up with race lanes which severely curtails the space available for everyone else. Unless you are doing gates I'd say that two or three days is the maximum you'd want to do in Tignes during the autumn opening, unless you get very lucky with snow and more terrain becomes available. If your better half is suggesting a full week later in December I'd say that's by far the best option, even if it delays you getting your board for another few weeks.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I think your accomodation is in Boisses. At that time of year there are 3 buses to le Lac a day. Be warned!

Shocked I assumed that Atomic would sort out transport to and from lifts but maybe not. Could some one who's going before us let me know how they get on with transport?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
marmalade, gosh yes - I never thought of that. I'll be there 5 - 7th Dec so was hoping for more to be open. never gave a thought to how to get to lifts Puzzled
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
holidayloverxx, as the resort is officially open by then (from 1 Dec), I'm sure there'll be more buses running then - fingers crossed! Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cathy wrote:
holidayloverxx, as the resort is officially open by then (from 1 Dec), I'm sure there'll be more buses running then - fingers crossed! Very Happy

Last season the bus' winter (ie full) timetable started just before Xmas. Prior to that, 3 buses a day to/from Boisses.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh dear! Still as long as there's a bus to get you there and a bus back what more do you want? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kenzie, (or anyone) do you know the bus timings (from Boisses to the funicular) for the end of October? What would be the approx cost of a taxi?
latest report
Ray Zorro,

I think the hotel where you are staying will be providing transport to/from the funicular.

Speak nicely to Steve (Your host) i am sure he will have something sorted.
ski holidays
Ray Zorro,
I think you will be looking at 2 buses from Boisses to le Lac 1st thing in the morning, and one back, then 2 buses from le Lac to Boisses after the glacier closes & one back. At le Lac, change for the bus to Val Claret & funicular (every half hour during the day?), same from funicular to le Lac.
latest report
and that is why i've got a hire car!
ski holidays
If you leave it till towards the end of the promotion(i think its the 15th dec) then theres a reasonable chance that the whole area will be open which then means you don't need to worry about the buses and seeing as its also going to be a ski test as well as for the boots wrecking your own skis won't come into the equation either. I've booked to go the 9th-12th Dec and already i'm looking at the Tignes webcams daily. snowHead
latest report
Atomic_Mick, Do you work for Atomic?
snow conditions
Atomic_Mick, Welcome to snowheads snowHead

snowHead
snow report
marmalade -unfortunately no i don't (though i'm open to offers?? wink ) -it did cross my mind when i registered whether someone might think that but its just that i couldn't really think of a good username so as i have only ever owned atomic skis and the fact i'm going to their ski test that it might be a bit apt and maybe i could use it if the WWE required my services Laughing

Sage - thanks for the welcome-i can't believe that after 10 years of skiiing/surfing the net looking at ski sites that i've only just found this great site and i only stumbled across it by googling the atomic boot camp trip for more a bit more info on the trip i've booked.
latest report
Mike Pow , glad to see your using you time wisley in japan. Enjoying the rugby?
We were very lucky with almost 17" of fresh in the first two days, which greatly changed the conditions, althouh as mike states, not enough for a weeks ski at this time, not unless theres been some serious snowfall in the preceeding weeks- the runs down to the vilage and all other areas wont have enough base, and the glacier never opens on time and when it does its like ski sunday-racers everywhere. Though the sports bar is well worth a visit. 2 euros for a bow and black- cant be bad!
latest report
Spot on Steve.

Bow and black. The Elixir of Youth, the Breakfast of Champions.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy