Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need cheap flight to vancouver! Help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I've just had notification of my working holiday visa for canada, woo! Anyway, I've been looking for flights to vancouver from any london airport and can't find a cheap one. They all come back £600+, surely I can get one cheaper than this?

To fulfill the requirement of my visa, I have to have some form of return flight booked (to prove i'm coming home again) which is a pain in the backside as I may not be return straight from vancouver to london in 2008. With this in mind I think I need some form of flexible ticket that I can change easily.

I'm sure I must be able to get a flight for under £400, but no success so far. I need to leave around the end of October. Who do people fly with when they go to whistler etc. and how much do you normally pay?

Thanks in advance,

Tim
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PhotoTim, Just looked on Zoom - return flights coming up at around £377 Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Michelle, thanks I will have a look now. Trouble is, I search for "cheap flights" or whatever and get good prices, but then when you actually put in the details of when you go, the final price ends up being ridiculously high! Sometimes even double. Perhaps I just need to persevere...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Holy crap, zoom is cheap as chips at first glance. Anyone ever flown by them? Are they any good? I'm a lanky one (like my brother) so require a bit of leg room!

Edit, I was looking at one way...durrr. They are still quite cheap though, thanks for the tip!

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 14-09-07 17:31; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PhotoTim, do a search, theres been a few threads. leg room ok but better in premium but costs more
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PhotoTim, I don't think that they'll do the flexible ticket that you want - but would it be worth looking at purchasing the cheapest return flights that you can, around the date that you need to return... and then with the tons of dosh that you're gonna be earning, purchasing another later if you deciade that you want to go via another route? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I flew with Zoom to calgary last year and they were fine tbh and if I was going to canada next year I would happily book with them again
I have just got a really good price on flights using Greenbee.com but I think the problems come with you wanting a flexible ticket Michelles option sounds like the best
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I used BA when I went to canada on my BUNAC visa for a year - about 350 on a ticket with a years validity.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Last time we flew to Seattle for half the price of Vancouver flights, it's fairly easy to transfer via train, bus or hire car...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Try looking on
whichbudget.com
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Use Travelocity.co.uk or Expedia.co.uk.

I've been monitoring flights for Vancouver and some BA flights are now coming in at around £400. Its cheaper if you don't fly at the weekend.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PhotoTim, You could also try Canadian Affair and Globespan

We used to fly BA all the time to Vancouver but have now converted to Air Canada for better flight times. We were lucky last year in that we had enough flyer miles for 2 adult tickets and this year got a fab deal by booking through BMI - £405 for each adult ticket and £340 for our daughter's ticket.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have been going to Vancouver for a number of years (in winter).

My experience is that KLM are usually the cheapest. Going via Amsterdam is not a hassle for me (from Scotland) and is preferable to Heathrow as a transit point.

If you are close to Heathrow then AC or BA are expensive (usually) but non stop. Occasionally you can get a deal on a sale etc.

Zoom are the new(ish) kid on the block, they fly direct but I havent gone as from Scotland they go 7/14/21 days (ie one flight a week) whereas KLM go every day so they offer more flexibility. The price differential between KLM and Zoom is usually pretty small. Zoom go from Gatwick I believe

You can go Lufthansa via Frankfurt which I did once (got a v good deal from Scotland and the flight gets to Vancouver early afternoon so you get to Whistler at a decent time....as you do with AC but not BA nor it has to be said KLM since they changed the flight times)

There may be other charters (from Gatwick) but they usually run for summer only with maybe 1 in winter. Globespan (from Scotland anyway) is summer only
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It is worth repeating a point made above that if you are prepared to make the longer transfer from Seattle (and deal with a US/Canada border crossing with the delays that can mean) you will usually find a cheaper fare into Seattle than Vancouver
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi all, thanks for all your help. I booked up with air canada yesterday. Zoom and airtransat were cheaper but their baggage allowances are not as good. I'm going to be taking all my camera kit so need a hefty weight limit! The flight was £436 in the end.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy