Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hintertux

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What do you know? Suggest? Don't suggest?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's in Austria. Check it out... or don't Wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Timmaah, in my opinion it's the best glacier skiing in Europe. Great uplift from the base... 3 state of the art gondolas get you from bottom to top very quickly and the top 2 run on two parallel wires so they can keep going in high winds. You've got hotels right by the lift station - I recommend the Neu Hintertux or the Rindererhof. These days there's even a bit of apres ski going on. I suggest you avoid it if other resorts in the Zillertal are short of snow as everyone ends up there. Best in spring (whole of May and into June). July and Aug can be iffy now but, there again, a cold snap and a bit of precipitation and you'll get powder... or more slush, its a gamble. Great place to warm up for the season as you can get epic conditions in November / early December, the hotels are cheap and you'll have the place to yourself. The terrain isn't particularly testing, more geared for big, fast GS-type skiing as its nice and wide, normally very well groomed and there's nothing much to run into! Have a look at www.tux.at

I suggest you don't eat yellow snow.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bode Swiller, Thanks! Some nice information there, at the moment friend and I are seriously thinking of going for this weekend with the new snow giving the cover and POSSIBLE snow showers this weekend, only thing is today is meant to be a really warm day but hopefully the snow cannons can sort that out. Is the snowpark open for most of the year? As for the lifts, sounds great as waiting for lifts can get tedious and this means I should get a good two days worth of skiing on the top (open) part of the glacier. As for apres-ski I think we should be fine now in September but from what I see I ask myself why i ended up going to Neustift am Stubaital last year and not Hintertux!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Timmaah, don't want to burst your bubble, but conditions on the glacier are not fantastic despite the recent snow. They have (up to) 80cm and only the 'Gefrorene Wand' is open. You can not ski down to the middle station at the Tuxerfernerhaus, but have to downlift to get back to it Sad
September is the worst month of all for glacier skiing! I would wait at least until mid October before thinking about taking a trip out here, and keep reading the snow reports on here http://www.hintertuxergletscher.at/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So basically only pistes 4 and 5 are open Neutral Sad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Timmaah, I would guess that 9/9A (blue) and 8 (red) are also open.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Maybe i misunderstood, but...

" Abfahrt bis zum Tuxer Fernerhaus nur mit Gletscherbus 3 möglich!!"

Seems to imply that you can only get to the Tuxer Fernerhaus via the Gletscherbus 3 which seems bit crap.

But from reading the descriptions again it does seem like the open pistes are 4, 5, 8, 9/9A. Wondering if its even worth going, although I have seen one or two reports of few snow showers saturday and sunday..
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Timmaah, I've been there at this time of year before. Ok, I know that it varies a lot from year to year, but it was deffo crap, and not worth the money! And back then I was able to ski down to the Tuxerfernerhaus! The only thing that made it worthwhile for me was that I was able to see all the crevasses that I had been skiing ( off piste ) over the winter before Shocked I don't go off piste on glaciers anymore!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You might wanna check Saas Fee or Zermatt. They are looking good right now.

Either way, you should just spank the cash and go. Summer skiing in the Alps will end soon. They are melting away.

Best to go while you still can.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy